League or Champions League?

Which would you rather win?

• Total voters

hcblue95

Since it's getting towards crunch time in the season I was thinking about whether I would prefer to win the league or the champions league if I had to choose between the two.

I decided I would rather win the league for two reasons. Firstly, it is much more of an indicator of who is the best team over a long season and it would prove how good we are winning it back to back. Secondly, I would love to see the meltdown from the dippers and the media.

I would imagine most people involved with the club would choose the champions league and most fans would choose the league. Luckily we are still in four competitions and we know Pep and the players will go for every trophy with the same desire and belief, unlike the scousers.

What would you choose if you had to?

I think I could suffer even the dippers winning the league if it meant we got the CL... Just..

League.

Given the scousers huge squad investment and the way they’ve prioritised the league this season, to claw back a 7 point deficit and retain the title would set the seal of greatness on this team and mark us out as the best of our era. If we lose the league to them it’s one each and we couldn’t sensibly claim to be the better team.

In the CL we could get Barca in the QF and lose to a ridiculously dodgy Messi penalty. Joke competition.

League for me all day long. It is tougher to win and gives a greater sense of achievement. I know though for the club the champions league remains the holy grail and I understand that. As a competition it leaves me cold, which has surprised me as I used to look on enviously when it looked like we would never play in it

If Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or even United would win the league, i'd happily say the Champions League. The club needs to win it.

Given however, its Liverpool, and life afterwards would be excruciating, it has to be the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.