Leaving work without giving notice

Wafty Cranker

Hi

I've not gone back into work after the weekend. I've only been working for them since October, while I've been there they've sacked 3 people and 3 others have walked out (There's now only 4 people left in the office)

I still speak to one of the girls in the office, and she said they are planning to send me a solicitors letter. It's a bit of a tin pot outfit, I never signed a contract and I've never even given them my address or phone number.

I'm 90% it's just the boss talking bollocks, but realistically is there any action they can take against me?

Wafty Cranker said:
Hi

I've not gone back into work after the weekend. I've only been working for them since October, while I've been there they've sacked 3 people and 3 others have walked out (There's now only 4 people left in the office)

I still speak to one of the girls in the office, and she said they are planning to send me a solicitors letter. It's a bit of a tin pot outfit, I never signed a contract and I've never even given them my address or phone number.

I'm 90% it's just the boss talking bollocks, but realistically is there any action they can take against me?

No contract ?? They`re breaking the law already !!
Good god what sort off cowboys are they ??
Let them take you to Court.The twats ain`t got a leg to stand on.

I'm not sure how you were working without a contract??

They only thing they could possibly send a solicitors letter to you over is if you used up holidays (& were paid for them) that you hadnt earned?

For example if you get 24 day paid holiday a year, you have taken 24 of them & been paid for them but not worked a full year, if you see what I'm getting at?

Wafty Cranker said:
Hi

I also think that by law you have to have an NI number.Thats why youngsters who are leaving school have their NI number sent out months in advance.
Do they have that info.from you !!
How were you paid ?? Cash in hand,monthly via Bank ??

Wafty Cranker said:
Hi

If you signed no contract theres nothing whatsoever they can do to you, they have nothing that could stand up in the court for anything. Chances are if your job was cash in hand and not self employed they probably skimped on NI contributions anyway so its them that are in trouble not you.

Wafty Cranker said:
Hi

not sure they can take you to court? But if he wanted to be a wanker he could hold your pay back?

Where is it you work? sounds like somewhere I use to work?

Thanks for the replies.

They did have my NI number and I was paid into my account. Altough I know they have not being paying the PAYE to the inland revenue.

I got paid just before the bank holiday, so I'm paid up to date. In terms of holiday days, they probably owe me a few days but I'm not arsed about that.

The only compnay propery I have is a set of office keys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.