LeBron James becomes a minority stakeholder in Liverpool FC

AdamoTheGreat

Basketball star LeBron James has become a minority stakeholder in Liverpool after signing a representation deal with the club's owners.

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) has struck a deal to partner the Miami Heat player's marketing firm to become his exclusive worldwide representative.

The report in the Wall Street Journal said James received an undisclosed stake in Liverpool as part of the deal.

"This is a great opportunity for me," said NBA star James.

"The first time I stepped on an NBA court I became a businessman."

Referring to Liverpool's title honours James added: "Eighteen championships. I see myself trying to do the same things they have."

The Wall Street Journal said Maverick Carter, chief executive of LRMR Branding & Marketing, had expressed his desire to build James' portfolio internationally.

"We're not interested in talent or athlete representation but we think he is one of the most remarkable athletes of his time," FSG and Liverpool chairman Tom Werner told the newspaper.

"We believe we can open doors for LeBron and LeBron can open doors for us. Without purchasing Liverpool, we never would have been able to have this conversation."

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/12994144.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/12994144.stm</a>

Clearly this is a bad business move.

Re: LeBron James becomes a minority stakeholder in Liverpool

Citizenhill said:
James is a cock, didn't know how big a one though.
James is a cock but he can be arrogant as he is the best player in the NBA.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Citizenhill said:
James is a cock, didn't know how big a one though.

That's debatable.

lancs blue said:
There are people on here who actually watch basketball??

Well if others can have a pop about cricket...

Can't watch either of them to be honest. Like watching paint dry.

Griff93 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

That's debatable.
No it's not.

2 time MVP and is not given it this year because of the trade but is still putting up huge numbers. Has the highest FG percentage in the league since the all star break. Last night he scored 2000 points for the 7th straight season. First player to do so since Jordan and is the youngest to achieve this ever. Also the youngest ever player to a reach 12000 points. Only him and Jordan have done a triple double in 2 all star games. Has the most triple doubles in the league this season.

Rose will get the MVP and deservedly so as he has carried an injury hit Bulls team but James leads him in scoring by 1.4 per game, is shooting a 6.1 percentage higher from the field, out rebounds, has more steals and blocks and has a greater shooting percentage from 3. The only thing Rose is out performing him in is with assists but he still averages less than one more per game despite Rose playing point guard.

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm --

im_still_here said:
I hope he comes on the pitch on monday.
He is playing in Atlanta Monday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.