Lecky problems

cpa

Due to fly out on Mon so come at a bad time.
My Smoke alarms ,mains powered all started beeping yesterday and showed no mains power on the Indicators.
Checked the circuit breakers but not had tripped ,changed the batteries in them so at least I still have smoke detectors apart from one which is on a high ceiling and which i removed but couldnt reach to get back .
Went to bed last night only to find all the lights in the loft extension arent working either.
My thoughts are why is half the circuit working as the upstairs lights which are on the same circuit are working.
Why hasnt a c/b tripped if there is a fault.
Are smoke detectors fitted in a series/Daisy chain and with that one removed would that effect the lights .
The part of the electrics which arent working are all part of a loft extention from 12 years ago
done a lot of googling but not much out there on this
Any help much appreciated

The smoke detectors should not be on the same circuit as the lights, Are all of these circuits wired back to the main DB? Did whoever done the loft run a single cable to a smaller DB in the loft and take the supply from there?

Ive never seen a different distribution box in the loft ..think they all go back to the main d.b
All the sockets are working in the there

Check the light switch for the loft that could be faulty, loose wire etc.
Yea its 3 set of lights and the smoke alarms cant see anything wrong
the other upstairs lights are fine in the rest of the house.
struggling to get an electrician out today
worse case i will trip the breaker for the upstairs whilst we are away
just means the kids will have to be in the dark
thanks for your help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.