Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

Shaelumstash said:
We are at the beginning of potentially the most successful period in the clubs history. Everything is in place for us to be one of the best clubs in Europe for years to come, and our popularity worldwide is growing every week.

Despite what the deluded United obsessed media might say, we have a fantastic history which should be celebrated.

That's why I think now is the right time to honour the three most fondly remembered legends of our last gloriously successful period with a statue.

I don't want to ever forget that golden generation, and it would be a great focal point to teach new City fans about our fantastic past.

My fear is that when this generation of players go on to even greater success than the Mercer-Allison side, that the legends from the 60s and 70s will be forgotten about in the midst of time. So now is the right time to do it, to mark our glorious past so that it will never be forgotten in our glorious future.

Someone else who shall remain nameless who unveiled a statue of himself this week spoke of how great it was to see his statue before he died so could enjoy it with his family. What a fantastic honour it would be for Franny, Mike and Colin to be able to enjoy the same privilege with their children and grandchildren.

With all the negativity and wind ups on Bluemoon, I hope everyone will be honest on this, and if they agree with what I am saying, they should back it and show support for this because if there's one thing we know about the club now, they genuinely listen to the fans. So if people want this and get behind it, there's every chance it could happen.

Any suggestions on where the statue could go / any photo's people can find of the three of them together that would make a good monument would be fantastic to give the thread some momentum.

Thanks

Great post and very well put across, the hair on my neck and arms were standing while reading it, reminded me of my grandad telling me about stories of yester year when he worked for manchestee liners n the 50s 60s n 70s....would love to see this and i think it's warranted, the legends deserve it and it might go a little way to reminding everyone else that we do have history!

Don't wish to be rude, but no thanks.

TBH Old Trafford is becoming like a circus.(how many more status, etc?) I'm surprised they haven't signed up Madame Tussauds yet as another tourist/visitor attraction. What next, the famous five that came through the academy.

black mamba said:
You can understand the rags honouring Fergie , he's been there 26 years , he's a one-off , and he IS Manchester United .... no matter what David Gill , Bobby Charlton or the Glazers think!

And it doesn't matter who follows him there , NOBODY will better the amount of trophies that he's won for them.

As for City , now isn't really the time for statues , more for building empires .....

but one day it could be !

Yeah, let's build the Empire first and then bother with the baubles.

MCFC BOB said:
... and Young.
And Mulhearn,Book,Pardoe,Doyle ,Heslop,Oakes. and of course Coleman.
Lee Bell and Summerbee were allowed to be good because of the rest of that team,and I speak from experience having attended every game home and away of that glorious season.

Young said:
Now. How about a statue for Mario?
It might end up more mobile than him!

fly_fisherman.gif

I went to nearly every game in the 1967/68 season.

What about Glyn Pardoe, Big George Heslop, Alan Oakes, Tony Coleman etc?.....

It was a team effort...That's what won us the title back then.

Unfair to single out "The holy trinity"....

dobingsdobber said:
MCFC BOB said:
... and Young.
And Mulhearn,Book,Pardoe,Doyle ,Heslop,Oakes. and of course Coleman.
Lee Bell and Summerbee were allowed to be good because of the rest of that team,and I speak from experience having attended every game home and away of that glorious season.
So did I, and the friendly at pompey. Think we should have the whole teams statues in Piccadilly Gardens.
As for Slack Alices statue.........

If I had the wings of a sparrow......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.