Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

Kazzydeyna said:
Lee can fcuk off.

He may make some fair-ish points but he is one person who has no right to criticise the clubs buying policy.

Our joint worst chairman.

"I want to save my city" splashed over the back pages of the Mirror, followed by (a few years later when he WAS chairman) "I didn't want the job".

Also wasn't it Lee that fell out with Nelly?

Great player. Shit judge of a player. And a bigmouth.

'Our joint worst chairman'? Are you fucking mad?

Lee might have a point but the forward line isn't the problem imo, certain players in the squad don't fill me with confidence like Kolarov, Boateng, Lescott, Kolo and obviously Jo, then there is vieira who won't be there next season and Milner who has to get better, but we can't keep buying players only to see they're not that great (Kolarov & Boateng), if we carry on like this we'll be going round in circles and never improving an example of this is the left back position.

Ntini77 said:
'Top class average' - must be referring to Milner.

I'll bite.
If you want to get specific,we could put 6 or 7 names from Saturdays starting 11 on a list that fit into that criteria.

Did they ask him about the scum team? How many of those players are better than ours? Its not about world class players it's about giving manager time and letting the players settle in! He's clueless.......Alan ball is all I have to say!

Knockout drops.

Er.

Top-class average? Well some of them might be; being both slow of foot and wit. They play like they're on a diet of knockout drops.

There are a few players in the PL we don't seem to be interested in that could help, but as they don't have exotic names, neither are they knockouts, we aren't interested. We don't play football in the CL: we play in the PL.

Whilst he is right in terms of top players in top positions what we are trying to do is build a TEAM. A winning team doesnt have to have world superstars in every position but it needs the right blend.

That blend or balance in a team isn't the easiest thing to create but we are not far away. Arguably if we had a class goalscoring midfield player we would be there.The central defence is pretty good with Vinnie the shining light.

Full backs seem to be a weak link in terms of defending but maybe Micah is starting to show he is the business. In the middle we have Nigel and David who are top class but one more really creative goalscoring addition would seal that area.

Up front I think we have 3 top players in Tevez,Mario and Dzeko.Then all that's needed is a way to play to bring the best out of them and we are flying.

He is right. For me only hart,kompany,de Jong, yaya, Tevez and silva are good enough. Jury out on balotelli and Dzeko as not played enough. The rest are very average.

FantasyIreland said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli in the starting line-up. Good enough to win a championship.

Not without a capable midfield.

This, neither Barry nor Milner are good enough.

Silva is, I think De Jong is too... Yaya too once he gets more fitness but we still need a Sneijder, Iniesta or Schweinsteiger like player...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.