Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

He's fucking clueless.

Fletcher, O'Shea, Park...

Are these players 'knockout drops'? Are they fuck but the rags have won titles with teams packed full of this kind of player, looks like they'll do the same this year again.

We just need a bit of time to develop as a team. We have plenty of players who are good enough to win titles. Constantly buying new players can only get you so far.

He's half right and many of us have been saying this for a while. We have a great core to the team and when everyone is fit we have quite a decent squad but it does need a couple of players at the very least.

For next season I think we will be looking at something like this as a starting 11;

---------------------Hart

Richards/Zab----Komp----New CB/Boateng----Kolorov

--------------------De Jong

-----------------Yaya---New CM

-------------Silva---------------Balotelli
--------------------Tevez

That would leave a bench of something like;

Given
Boateng/new CB
Richards/Zab
Barry
Johnson
SWP
Dzeko

In my eyes if the new midfielder is Fabregas and we get in a strong centre back ala Vidic alongside big Vinny then that is a starting 11 that is favourite to win the league. It has options on the bench that can change personnel and formation at any time which can hold on or go out and win a game.

The most important thing is that we get a new central midfielder capable of defending, attacking and passing. Gerrard in his prime would be perfect but I would test Arsenal with as much as it takes to get Fabregas.

I think we have bought some 'top class average' I would agree. but there is high class in the team too, if they could ever all stay fucking healthy for once.

what City need is the next Zidane in their team. A player that can truly run the team from box to box.

masterwig said:
He's fucking clueless.

Are these players 'knockout drops'? Are they fuck but the rags have won titles with teams packed full of this kind of player, looks like they'll do the same this year again.

We just need a bit of time to develop as a team. We have plenty of players who are good enough to win titles. Constantly buying new players can only get you so far.
totally correct, if we had been given the decisions united had this season then that result on saturday would not have mattered, i wish people would making this united team into something brilliant, they are average but with a lot of decisions and luck? if anyone on here thinks that this premiership season is over and it uniteds then we might as well give up? they were no better than city?

FantasyIreland said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli in the starting line-up. Good enough to win a championship.

Not without a capable midfield.

But I can only think of:
--Busquets--
Xavi---Iniesta

who are better than:
--de Jong--
Yaya---Silva

And a front 6 of:
---------------de Jong---------------
----------Yaya--------Silva----------
------Tevez--------------Balotelli---
----------------Dzeko----------------

is as good as any you can name anywhere once they're all fit, in form and a unit.

But they haven't been: de Jong has missed 3 of the 6 games we've lost and in my opinion he's our best player, Yaya was fat until November, Silva took until November to settle in, Tevez wanted to leave then didn't, Balotelli has been injured more than he's played, and Dzeko will take a good while to adjust to the Prem.

With these things holding us back - plus Hart being a young keeper, and us having a very unsettled back four (it seems to be a different combination every week!) - we are not/were never going to challenge for the title. This is what I keep saying to those who say "but with the money we've spent we should be at least challenging", the reality is we shouldn't be, we're a long way off!

I love Kompany, he's the best footballing(Beckenbauer/Carvalho), none-dominant(Dawson/Vidic/Terry) centre half in the Prem. He is only 24, TWENTY-FOUR! Micah Richards is the most improved player in the Prem. So we have a start on the back four but need to settle on who will play left back and we are crying our to sign Michael Dawson to play with Kompany for me. I'd give Lescott or Kolo with money for him, I think he's that good, he's immense! Plus he's English.

But then we have a problem. Barry, Vieira, Jo, amongst others, wouldn't get in United, Arsenal, Chelsea or even Spurs in fact nor Liverpool's squads! It's questionable whether Milner would get in the first three I named. Yet these players start games for us because we have not got that first 6 fit and in form. This is where we're not at the very top level just yet. We need to bring through high quality players or buy in excellent replacements for our strongest XI when they aren't fit. This is what wins titles, players playing who don't change the quality of performances from the strongest XI.

Then we have the fact we haven't played together for very long. As a team we don't have enough experience of big games. Derbies, crunch games like against Spurs, cup semi-finals and finals all make a team a better team. They provide experience of playing under the highest pressure and intensity, the most hostile atmospheres and against the highest quality opposition, not only in individual quality but against the best TEAMS. We need more time to learn how to break down the most stubborn opposition. We also need to learn how to hold onto good leads when we get them. From winning positions we've lost points and goal difference (Blackpool away 3-1 up, ended 3-2; Stoke away 1-0 up, ended 1-1; Wolves home 4-1 up, ended 4-3; Birmingham away 2-1 up, ended 2-2).

All this improves with experience, and as a team we don't have it. When we get a bit of experience of all these situations, get our bench sorted out, buy a top quality centre half to play with Kompany, have a fully settled and gelled squad, have Mancini knowing the ins and outs of every team and every player who plays for them, etc etc We might then be in with a chane to win the league. It's not just about buying super stars.

jay_mcfc said:
He's half right and many of us have been saying this for a while. We have a great core to the team and when everyone is fit we have quite a decent squad but it does need a couple of players at the very least.

For next season I think we will be looking at something like this as a starting 11;

---------------------Hart

Richards/Zab----Komp----New CB/Boateng----Kolorov

--------------------De Jong

-----------------Yaya---New CM

-------------Silva---------------Balotelli
--------------------Tevez

That would leave a bench of something like;

Given
Boateng/new CB
Richards/Zab
Barry
Johnson
SWP
Dzeko

In my eyes if the new midfielder is Fabregas and we get in a strong centre back ala Vidic alongside big Vinny then that is a starting 11 that is favourite to win the league. It has options on the bench that can change personnel and formation at any time which can hold on or go out and win a game.

The most important thing is that we get a new central midfielder capable of defending, attacking and passing. Gerrard in his prime would be perfect but I would test Arsenal with as much as it takes to get Fabregas.

I don't think Fabregas would come but I agree with your team with the exception of Kolarov who hasn't impressed me when defending yet, I thought we might of got Luiz to play with Vinnie.

mancunial said:
masterwig said:
He's fucking clueless.

totally correct, if we had been given the decisions united had this season then that result on saturday would not have mattered, i wish people would making this united team into something brilliant, they are average but with a lot of decisions and luck? if anyone on here thinks that this premiership season is over and it uniteds then we might as well give up? they were no better than city?

Totally agree, you should also consider how many games utd's players have had together compared to our players, this is the biggest factor they have on us.

I'm sorry Franny but you are wrong, i don't think you can call Silva, Yaya, Adam Johnson, Dzeko, Balotelli top class average.

The only ones at the moment you could class as that are Boateng and Kolarov but both will turn out to be great siginings in time.

I do think Fabregas will come if we get a bid accepted by Arsenal. It will be big bucks but that's what we're going to spend on players now.

I've just been thinking about the team I've put up in a previous post and then thought about who ISN'T in the team. This is our third choice team; how would it do in the prem?

-----------Taylor

Onouha----Toure---Lescott---Bridge

------------Vieira

--------MJ-------Milner

Bellamy-------------------Jo
-------------Ade

Bench
Nielsen
Boyata
Cunningham
Weiss
Caicedo
Santa Cruz
Nimley

I reckon that would survive in the prem!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.