Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

Loved Lee as a player but as a person,no.King Colin fell out with him,and is never seen together with Lee,apart from last home game)Ask those who went to see Lee and Summerbee at a Swinton Branch do-very very arrogant little man.

''Premier League history'' (tm), short as it is in football history terms, shows that the richer Champions league sides tend to win the league. Obviously this is because of the money, the experience and most importantly the fact that best players in the world want to (and mostly do) play for clubs that are in the CL.

We did well to attract the players that we did but when we are in the CL the gloves will be off. Every top player and prospect in the world will seriously consider playing for City. More than now. More then will play for us. An overall better quality of manager will be interested to come too, if need be, whenever that door opens again. The team will improve further and we will challenge more strongly for the title than we were able to when we were in the Europa League. Consistently.

Top 4 is all for us this season. The rest will follow.

sorry franny your wrong
for me, we have (on paper) the best sqaud in the prem, however, i don't think we will make the top four and that will be down to the manager and back room staff.
come summer if a certain manager comes to us he would take this team and make them into champions. just my opinion mind

hehe ......

we just need a bit of Frannies fight , that's all!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kxMnc5KUs[/youtube]

Surely this needs to be considered from a different perspective! This team needs time to bed-in, then I think we will see a real title challenge! It doesn't help having Balotelli injured and bringing in a player in Dzeko who is off EPL pace. I expect us to be able to compete with Utd, Arsenal, and Chelsea for the title next year. It was a nip and tuck derby, and I think if Yaya and Tevez had played as well as Silva we would have been celebrating a win! We have the players to win the league. The amount of times I've said about the rags that they look weak, yet they still grind out the title proves that a settled squad, with good depth, and 3 or 4 truly class players in key positions, can win the league. That said, a left back, centre midfielder and depending on Balotelli's and Tevez's long term ambitions, new strikers would be welcome.

I maybe wrong but is Lee not stating the bleeding obvious?
I do remember the plan being in order. Year 1, Top 6, Year 2, Top 4, Year 3 start to really challenge for top honours.
Are we not on course for this? If we seal Champs League Football this season, we will add 3-4 Champs League quality players to our staff and will improve again. Hopefully compete for the league and other major honours.

I thought this had been the plan all along?

The Mancini squad is settling in now, we do more often than not look like a team a good team, slowly add more top quality players and we'll get better and better.

Mikel - 'Top class average' (Kalou too)

Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson - 'Top class average'

Song, Wilshire - 'Top class average'

The entire Liverpool team - 'Top class average'

Fabregas, Lampard, Essien (before this season), Scholes, Gerrard, Silva (possibly Yaya) - are the top class players imo.

Basically i don't agree with Lee... unless he's pointing to Milner and Barry - i think they are currently weaker links for us, Milner needs a run in the middle to see what his long term capability to the side is.

I would say, given a little time to gel/mature/get used to the premier league, all of the following players are world-class:

tevez, silva, balotelli, dzeko, yaya, de jong, kompany, hart, kolarov (remember evra when he first started??)

and the following are top-class average, with potential to move up:

richards, adam johnson, assulin

and the following are top-class average:

barry, milner, kolo, lescott, swp

all we need is another cb that is as solid as vinnie and a little more depth in flair players (just one player for me), and we will challenge for the title next season.

----------------hart-------------
richards--kompany----cb-----kolarov
------de jong--------yaya---------
tevez----------silva--------balotelli
-------------dzeko--------------

Want and Need are two different things here. Personally, I don't think we need a stella signing - What we need is time to gel as a team and to understand each other on the pitch. This is the key to being a successful team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.