Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

jimharri said:
remoh said:
Exactly right.

Too many seem to be looking solely at quality of players and overlooking the importance of tactics and balance. Those three players without a decent supply ,will be impotent against good, well organised sides. We can carry some less talented players and still win if we have a fast, well-drilled midfield.
We badly need more flair in midfield. Silva can't do it on his own. AJ, for whatever reason before his injury, wasn't getting too many full games under his belt. And I don't think any of Barry, Yaya, NDJ or Milner (going on his performances so far) can be classed as ''flair''. We need someone who can pick out a killer pass; someone like Modric, for instance. Pity he's not for sale!!

a man is enough

------------------de jong------------------
----------yaya----------------silva-------
-------------------pastore----------------

Mancio said:
Neil McNab said:
What a load of old twaddle!
How much of your hard earned fortune have you ploughed into the club. He's spot on, It's exactly what I thought at the start of the season. Silva was the only decent signing made pre season, the rest were all average.

balotelli may be all you want BUT average
Balotelli may turn out to be a world beater, but so far he's been an injury prone, very expensive passenger.

Neil McNab said:
Mancio said:
Balotelli may turn out to be a world beater, but so far he's been an injury prone, very expensive passenger.

And these things happen. It happened with Bale at the Spuds.

Neil McNab said:
Mancio said:

I wish we had a few more 'passengers' who had scoring records similar to his 5 in 9

The Fat el Hombre said:
Neil McNab said:

I wish we had a few more 'passengers' who had scoring records similar to his 5 in 9
Scoring records don't tell the whole story, only two games where he's had any impact on the game. He's one for the future, I stand by my view that Silva was the only top class player brought in.

Neil McNab said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Scoring records don't tell the whole story, only two games where he's had any impact on the game. He's one for the future, I stand by my view that Silva was the only top class player brought in.

You wouldn't have said that had it not been for the Whoooney shinner, or at least I doubt it.

Hey guys,

I know this is random but I can't yet start a thread.

Would any blues mind checking out my blog?! It's my first post today and I would like to get people the opinion of people I like/trust, city fans basically, before I promote it to any other fans.

The first post is entitled 'Manchester Derby, spitting & goodbye to a legend' and can be found at http://www.thesportguru.co.uk

If you like the article please leave me a comment or, better yet, plug it for me in a new topic on here!

Cheers blues, dont be too brutal!

TSG

Pam said:
Neil McNab said:

You wouldn't have said that had it not been for the Whoooney shinner, or at least I doubt it.
I've thought it since the start of the season, I don't rate our central midfield at all, things are going to pan out this season and I'm sure our failings will be addressed. As for scoring records I've always thought they lie, players like Berbaflop will score a bag full in one game, it's about the number of games you score in for me. Lee didn't say anything I don't agree with!

piffy on a rock bun said:
Lee, Great player but after he gave his mate Ball the managers job I cant really take anything he says about football seriously.

I always thought that Lee was a much bigger problem than Ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.