Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

jimharri said:
remoh said:
Exactly right.

Too many seem to be looking solely at quality of players and overlooking the importance of tactics and balance. Those three players without a decent supply ,will be impotent against good, well organised sides. We can carry some less talented players and still win if we have a fast, well-drilled midfield.
We badly need more flair in midfield. Silva can't do it on his own. AJ, for whatever reason before his injury, wasn't getting too many full games under his belt. And I don't think any of Barry, Yaya, NDJ or Milner (going on his performances so far) can be classed as ''flair''. We need someone who can pick out a killer pass; someone like Modric, for instance. Pity he's not for sale!!

Nuri Sahin to slot in for Barry. He can play that deep lying playmaker/regista role much better than Barry especially in a true 4-2-3-1 with De Jong destroying next to him.

samharris said:
I seem to remember Real Madrid and their "galactico's"..lot of good it did them..

Bang on, they won nowt with all the worlds stars playing for them.

Didn't the galacticos win their league a couple times and the Champions League? I think they also became the #1 merchandising club in the world as a result.

I'd take that.

What I dont understand is why is it only City that need to sign world class players to win the league? i can think of 1 maybe 2 players in the current rag squad that would be an improvement on what we have but they are top. If anyone can come up with an argument as to why Silva, Tevez, Kompany, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Nigel De Jong, Dzeko and Joe Hart are not good enough to be in the top 3 then I will stone myself down.

The problem as I see it isn't down to how many multi-million pound signings a club has.

It's more a matter of how well a team gels together as a unit and the morale of the entire playing squad.

Spurs, although never shy to open the chequebook when required, have generally bought very well in the transfer market and we've never spent more than £17 million on any one player in our history.

Many of our starting XI are absolute bargains at today's prices.

No team will win the league with Gareth Barry lumbering around midfield week in week out. Nothing against him personally (he's had some decent enough games this season), but he's just a waste of a midfield berth as he has the flair and invention of a pubic hair. The same goes for Milner. These are two of the players I suspect Lee is on about. If both were put up for sale now, not one of the rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Spurs would be even slightly interested.

These are the standard of players that Chelsea used to buy and stick on the bench just so no one else could have them. Unfortunately, they're regulars for us.

Dubai Blue said:
No team will win the league with Gareth Barry lumbering around midfield week in week out. Nothing against him personally (he's had some decent enough games this season), but he's just a waste of a midfield berth as he has the flair and invention of a pubic hair. The same goes for Milner. These are two of the players I suspect Lee is on about. If both were put up for sale now, not one of the rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Spurs would be even slightly interested.

These are the standard of players that Chelsea used to buy and stick on the bench just so no one else could have them. Unfortunately, they're regulars for us.

Milner nor Barry not better than; Park Ji Sung, Darren Fletcher, Wilson Palacios, Tom Huddllestone. Hmmmmm interesting opion...

Bazzmand Show said:
Dubai Blue said:

Milner nor Barry not better than; Park Ji Sung, Darren Fletcher, Wilson Palacios, Tom Huddllestone. Hmmmmm interesting opion...
Gareth Barry may well be better than Darren Fletcher in your opinion (in my opinion, Fletcher offers much more to the rags than Barry offers us), but we just don't require that kind of player in a midfield that already has NDJ and Yaya in it. United don't play Fletcher alongside midfielders like that and nor do Spurs with Huddlestone; surely you can see the difference.

I just wish we'd been a bit more imaginative in our previous transfer dealings than just buying up medicore players simply because they have Premier League experience.

I'm not suggesting we fill the team with Galacticos, just that we bring in players that complement what else we have. The midfield needs more flair in it, someone with an eye for a killer pass. Barry doesn't offer either of these on anything like a regular enough basis.

Dubai Blue said:

You forget the passionless,out of condition,immobile Yaya Toure.
Lets not just pick on the unfashionable easy targets,who incidentally,imo,offer far more than that big lump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.