Lee: City buying lots of top-class average. Lack high-class

Tom Huddlestone is a top class player and when fit would be one of the first names on Harry's team sheet.

Wilson Palacios is not now an automatic starter for us, as our preferred central midfield partnership is Hudd and Luka Modric.

Bazzmand Show said:
What I dont understand is why is it only City that need to sign world class players to win the league? i can think of 1 maybe 2 players in the current rag squad that would be an improvement on what we have but they are top. If anyone can come up with an argument as to why Silva, Tevez, Kompany, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Nigel De Jong, Dzeko and Joe Hart are not good enough to be in the top 3 then I will stone myself down.
Out of that lot only Tevez, Kompany & Silva would get in their team, the other 3 have been average prem players this season. Having said that, you are right about not needing world class players in all positions, Hart is good enough and will get better, the midfield however isn't good enough.

Bazzmand Show said:
What I dont understand is why is it only City that need to sign world class players to win the league? i can think of 1 maybe 2 players in the current rag squad that would be an improvement on what we have but they are top. If anyone can come up with an argument as to why Silva, Tevez, Kompany, Balotelli, Yaya Toure, Nigel De Jong, Dzeko and Joe Hart are not good enough to be in the top 3 then I will stone myself down.

Ok.

Evra,Vidic,Nani,Fletcher,Giggs(still),Berbatov and from Saturdays evidence Smalling.

All would be improvements in our squad.

Richards Vidic Kompany Evra
Nani Fletcher DJ Silva
Berbatov Tevez

Bench - Giggs,Milner,Smalling,Balo,Rooney,Zabaleta

the problem with our squad is a certain mr hughes, his transfer policy of buy players that weaken our opposition didn't work,

NewbBlue said:
Former Manchester City chairman and player Francis Lee feels the owners need to spend even more money on some "knockout drops" if they are to win the Premier League.

Lee feels defeat by Manchester United on Saturday means that City have no chance now of winning the title this season, and he believes the £400 million spent so far by owner Sheikh Mansour was not enough.

Lee told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I don't think you can win the Premier League with this team - you need a couple of more knockout drops.

"Tevez is a wonderful striker but he just hasn't got that support up front. We just don't have that real cutting edge that can dominate games. We can pass it intricately but we just don't have that knockout drop and if Tevez doesn't do it we are struggling a bit.

"Dzeko needs time to settle in because it's patently obvious he had not adjusted to the speed of the Premier League. He should be a very good player [eventually] but if Tevez gets injured you need someone who can really stick it away and they are very difficult to find.

"I think there's a dearth of very, very high-class players - you are buying a lot of top-class average."

Asked if City boss Roberto Mancini will bring in new players in the summer, Lee added: "I would think so - he may have to get rid of one or two people but he needs a wide option too."

Wayne Rooney's stunning overhead kick won the game for United and Lee believes that has guaranteed the title going to Old Trafford.

He said: "Certainly, yes. I think it rules everybody else out of winning the league. I thought City had to win to give the rest of the teams a chance - Chelsea and Arsenal too - it was a real big win for them.

"It was a wonderful goal by Rooney. It just shows that old adage that form is temporary and class is permanent. He was having a wretched afternoon and everything was going wrong for him and up he pops with a stunner."
WTF, no mention of how well the restaurants are doing?

Neil McNab said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Out of that lot only Tevez, Kompany & Silva would get in their team, the other 3 have been average prem players this season. Having said that, you are right about not needing world class players in all positions, Hart is good enough and will get better, the midfield however isn't good enough.

Absolute load of shit. If you think yaya Toure, a player who was playing for Barca not a year ago and absolutely destroyed United in a Champions lEague final would not make the current rag team your talking out of your ass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.