"Lee Mason. Oh Dear"

SWP's back said:
Dirty Harry said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Anthony Taylor is a Sunderland fan.

Says not here mate :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf</a>

Anthony Taylor has been a member of the Select Group of referees since the 2010/11 season, after an eight-year career officiating
non-league and Football League matches. An Altrincham resident and supporter (season ticket holder),
Kippax citizen has been rumbled long ago

Cheers mate, so many of the sad twats on here unfortunately.

Dirty Harry said:
SWP's back said:
Dirty Harry said:
Says not here mate :- <a class="postlink" href="http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.altrinchamfccsh.com/anthonytaylor.pdf</a>

Anthony Taylor has been a member of the Select Group of referees since the 2010/11 season, after an eight-year career officiating
non-league and Football League matches. An Altrincham resident and supporter (season ticket holder),

Well there is a bit of truth of it. Taylor's dad is from the north east and is a Sunderland fan. He was on record as saying once that if he had a soft spot for any professional club it would be Sunderland because of his dad.

Funnily enough one of his first games in the Premier League was at Sunderland and Steve Bruce slated him to fuck, so presumably he didn't do them any favours.

hertsblue said:
I cant honestly remember the last time we played a game and committed less fouls than the opposition. The Barcelona stats clearly showed the officials taking the piss, what was it over 2 legs, 52 fouls to 18 but Arsenal and Chelsea fans have warned us about what its like to play Barcelona.
In some games we have up to 70% of the ball so how we concede more free kicks is baffling but a lot of it is down to what people say, we seem to get soft bookings when you see far worse fouls on the same day go unpunished and we seem to have free kicks given against us so easily for nothing yet the same sort of incident if in our favour does not seem to be given. You seem to have to kill one of our players to get a yellow card these days.
Look at the Cup final and the tackle, again on Silva, that went unpunished to add to the list. For me it all started away at Newcastle and how they did not have 2 sent off in the 2nd half is still baffling.
It was the same when we dominated most games in the first half of the title winning season. We battered teams left, right and centre yet most occasions committed a lot more fouls. This season, if you had to attribute a starting point, I'd suggest you look before Christmas at Sunderland away.

SWP's back said:
Dirty Harry said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Anthony Taylor is a Sunderland fan.

Bizarre post! haha

Anthony Taylor's wife works with a mate of mine's girlfriend and Anthony Taylor is a Sunderland fan, his kids are United fans, as, i think, his mrs is.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:26 pm --<br /><br />
tidyman said:
Dirty Harry said:
SWP's back said:

Well there is a bit of truth of it. Taylor's dad is from the north east and is a Sunderland fan. He was on record as saying once that if he had a soft spot for any professional club it would be Sunderland because of his dad.

Funnily enough one of his first games in the Premier League was at Sunderland and Steve Bruce slated him to fuck, so presumably he didn't do them any favours.
Oh it's alright mate, i don't mind being called a sad twat by some no marks on the Internet. I wouldn't mind in real life neither, i'd probably just laugh at them.

de niro said:
h's a **** and a cheat, always has been. not quite peter Walton but catching him up.

Walton was the worst, but he now takes that slot

It's quite interesting that this thread has been resurrected after two years in cyber retirement.

I wrote the piece for the blog when it w announced that Mr Mason would be the referee for one of the run-in games in the title winning season - Wolves, from memory, who needed to beat us to avoid (or at least delay) relegation. What worried me was that we hadn't scored in three games when he was in charge, which was odd that season, so I decided to look at some other issues.

The thing about referees is that every single one of them makes mistakes, from Pierluigi Collina to a seventeen year old kid refereeing some under 11s on a Saturday morning. So it is important not to overreact to one-off incidents.

But when you look at performance over a longer trend, if a referee is consistently bad, or you do consistently badly with a certain referee in charge it starts to beg questions, and it seemed to me that we did particularly badly with Mason in charge that season when all the other teams around us did pretty well when he was in charge.

I would not make the link from a statistical analysis that a referee was biased, but it does beg the question why we do so badly when he is refereeing and one of the possible answers is that he is biased.

It is interesting to see people then and now reject the possibility out of hand.

Me? I don't know. But I can't rule it out, and it surprises me that some can. Maybe they know him or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.