Leeds away 1977 FA Cup

To be fair Leeds and many other away fans had a terrible time when they came to Maine road in the 70's.

Dont go spoiling the illusion Don. I paid £100 in the 80's ( when i was in my early 20's and not a well paid job) for £50 of non voting shares ( basically worthless) to keep the youth development going as they were on their arse. There have been many groups and individuals that helped through the dark days, supporters clubs at the forefront.
Yes I forgot about buying useles shares .I did get a cup of tea at an AGM though .yes many fans helped out John Wardle &David Makin were on a different level though

Leeds have nothing but respect for City, that's why I don't get all the hatred towards them.
Leeds had no respect for City(or anybody else for that matter) back in the 70s/80s. Most of the older guys on here have already stated that they got nothing but grief from Leeds fans. Some of us have long memories and like to hold a grudge.
If you try google- there was an incident at Elland Road when some Leeds scrotes beat up a father with his kid,and then proceeded to give the young kid (7/8 years old) a bit of a battering as well. Those type of incidents do not go down well and just add fuel to an already embittered situation.
As I said on the Leeds United thread I got more bottles and bricks thrown at me at Elland Road than all other grounds combined.

To be fair Leeds and many other away fans had a terrible time when they came to Maine road in the 70's.

They stopped coming for a while. The away pen in the Kippax was full of City one game and fuck all Leeds!

Leeds have nothing but respect for City, that's why I don't get all the hatred towards them.
Well if you went in the 70s when they attacked families & kids ( Remember it in the paper a picture of a City fan & his young son getting a kicking of the scum )and fans on there own besides bricking and bottleing any one in sight as well as smashing up car & coach windows you might get an idea why all City lads always turned out when they came to Maine Road .Spoke to many leeds fans who stopped going to Maine Road as it was always dodgey for them sometimes hardly any Leeds lads turned up

Last edited:
They stopped coming for a while. The away pen in the Kippax was full of City one game and fuck all Leeds!
I was in there once when there was not many of them and it there were quite a few elderly couples in there

Didn't go to this game but Elland Road was my first city away match in the late 50's. I can't remember anything of the game but as clear as a bell I do remember a sign over the turnstile entrance "Beware of pickpockets".
I also recall my uncle giving me half a crown and being sick in the back of his car.

Leeds had no respect for City(or anybody else for that matter) back in the 70s/80s. Most of the older guys on here have already stated that they got nothing but grief from Leeds fans. Some of us have long memories and like to hold a grudge.
If you try google- there was an incident at Elland Road when some Leeds scrotes beat up a father with his kid,and then proceeded to give the young kid (7/8 years old) a bit of a battering as well. Those type of incidents do not go down well and just add fuel to an already embittered situation.
As I said on the Leeds United thread I got more bottles and bricks thrown at me at Elland Road than all other grounds combined.
Remember this, the return at Maine rd was savage , the whole of moss side & Rusholme we’re out very early , they couldn’t even get out of their cars before they were attacked, like someone said they stopped coming when we were still taking 7 to 8,000 there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.