Leeds away 1977 FA Cup

The two grounds you really, really had to watch your back in in the late sixties, early seventies: Anfield, and Elland Road. That's the way I remember it.
Yes got to agree with this 100%. Also Everton at Goodison you had to be on your toes and be good at impersonating a scouse accent if asked you "got the time la".

Anyone seen this before. Bit before my time but miss the occasion of the cup when it was like this.

Was at this game ,14yo and drove up in my mates Dads jag with scarves out the windows, which he told us to hide away when we got near Elland Rd, i remember gangs of Leeds fans outside looking for City fans which we managed to avoid, the other thing i vividy remember was the Yorkshire Police walking
along the queue to get in and slapping random City fans for no apparant reason.
I remember fuck all about the game to be honest.

This one needs a mention as well, note we were not getting blatant penalties in the old days. Peter Barnes taken out.

Listened to that on the car radio coming home from New Year in Scotland - missed much of the delay as we were coming through the Lakes - reception there is still not brilliant. Loved that team - Barnes and Tueart were a handful from either wing, Asa Hartford running the midfield and Dave Watson was as good a centre back as any we have seen recently.

Me and rammyblues went to this game and like others have said you did run the gauntlet after the game. I seem to remember a couple of weeks prior to this cup tie we played Leeds in the league and lost heavily, and driving back after that game the live draw was on the radio and we got Leeds again. They were great times, football was good, music was fantastic (saw Pink Floyd in 77) and a pint of mild was 16p.

Yes got to agree with this 100%. Also Everton at Goodison you had to be on your toes and be good at impersonating a scouse accent if asked you "got the time la".

That can still happen.

At the semi final there when Bellamy scored for them I was asked that very question.

Just looked and laughed at him

Might have been said but Leeds was where the police kept the away fans behind just long enough to give the home fans time to get round to the away gates before they opened them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.