Leeds away in the FA cup late 70's

mancityvstoke

Team supported
The only football team to come from Manchester
Does anyone remember this game? I seem to remember City fans being attacked in the seats and outside. I also remember a City fan running on the pitch attacking a Leeds player (McQueen?)

We had the whole of the LOWFIELDS ROAD.

Also I seem to remember man Yoo having a last game of the season there and City fans going with man Yoo. 25k Mancs at Elland Road.

Or did I dream it?

it was an all ticket game and a few blues got tickets for their end,i wasnt mad enough but a few of my mates were.they were kicked out before the game started and ran to the city end.one of my mates slipped and his head hit the touchline markings and he had a beautiful white stripe on his head.we went on the coach and didnt experience any bother,but ive been on the train there and wouldnt recomend it.

If this is the Cup game when McQueen & Harvey are at each other's throats then I have it (highlights) on VHS somewhere. City don't have the whole of the Lowfields Road but they do have the majority of the Paddock and also the whole of the stand behind the goal (other end from the Revie Kop End).

Yeah , we had the majority of the Lowfields paddock on a few occasions back then , and Leeds was a real nasty place to go to ....... the worst time i've ever had after any match was gettin' back to Leeds station after Willie Donachie (of all people) had equalised late in a 2-2 draw there.

In the eighties the cops started getting to grips with the Leeds scum ...... but in the mid-late seventies you hardly saw any coppers outside the ground , and the Leeds hoolies practically got away with 'murder'!

I think this should be 'upstairs' in the footie forum , shouldn't it?

mancityvstoke said:
Does anyone remember this game? I seem to remember City fans being attacked in the seats and outside. I also remember a City fan running on the pitch attacking a Leeds player (McQueen?)

Also I seem to remember man Yoo having a last game of the season there and City fans going with man Yoo. 25k Mancs at Elland Road.

Or did I dream it?
i went to that game it was mad the lad who went on the pitch was called khan i think some one was talking about him the other month

bakerdave76 said:
mancityvstoke said:

Or did I dream it?
i went to that game it was mad the lad who went on the pitch was called khan i think some one was talking about him the other month

wasn't his nick name PAKI? ( seriously)

blueskies2 said:
bakerdave76 said:

wasn't his nick name PAKI? ( seriously)
yes! not that many people said it to him. i think he was called jonny

Johnny Khan it was. His nickname was not paki though. The leeds scum were throwing bricks over the wall into the south stand before the end of the game. But when the gates opened the bastards got twatted all the way back towards the coach park. We also took the peacock pub that day. Ah memories!

black mamba said:
......Leeds was a real nasty place to go to ....... in the mid-late seventies you hardly saw any coppers outside the ground , and the Leeds hoolies practically got away with 'murder'!
Too bloody true. I went there just the once, and that was enough. It was early '78 or '79; the game where Kiddo got a late equalizer in a 1-1. Nearest I ever came to a serious hiding. We had that corner section, and at the end of the game we had to walk behind that stand at the end of the ground opposite the "kop" to get back to the coaches. In a masterstroke, we were let out at the same time as the Lids inbreds. I was grabbed by one of the less friendly locals and started saying my prayers. Luckily, one of his mates realised that I wasn't "up for it" (I was only 16 or 17 at the time and not in any way 'hard'!), and he talked his six fingered mate into letting me go. I legged out of there bloody fast. Fucking horrible place, with fans to match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.