Leeds Kid Poses for A Picture With El Hadji Diouf..

34g1rwg.jpg

So that's a perfectly ok thing to do but it's an actual crime to call someone a black/Italian/Canadian twat? This country is weird as hell

Genuinely one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. Since when is it acceptable to 'black up' like that?
I know some of you might defend it by saying it's just a kid dressing up as his hero. But why is his hero that cretin anyway? Shit parenting, kid should have better guidance than that.

From the Mail :

Father apologises after football fan son, 10, is engulfed in Twitter race storm for blacking up his face to look like his favourite player El Hadji DioufLeeds fan posted pictures of himself with El Hadji Diouf on Twitter

Pictured with a blacked up face and white mohican to look like his hero
Posed with Diouf and other Leeds players and manager Neil Warnock

Caused backlash on Twitter with users accusing the child of being racist

Child's father had to take to social networking site to defend his son
By Becky Evans
PUBLISHED: 20:06, 2 January 2013 | UPDATED: 21:17, 2 January 2013
Comments (554) Share

A ten-year-old Leeds United fan has become embroiled in an online race row after he blacked up to pose with his hero El Hadji Diouf.

The child posted a series of pictures on his Twitter account provoking a backlash from users who said he was racist.

But the primary school child said he did not realise it would be offensive and did it as a tribute to his footballing hero.
Smiling: The super fan poses with his hero El Hadji Diouf
Hero: The child posed with El Hadji Diouf again in the tunnel at Elland Road
The boy's father was forced to take to his son's Twitter account to defend him from accusations of racism.

He wrote: 'I want to apologise if [my son] dressing up has caused offence.

'He asked to dress up as Diouf so we let him for a bit of fun. We completely underestimated the response it would get. Hes only 10 and likes the banter so lay off please thanks for positive comments'.
The fan met his favourite player outside Elland Road ahead of his team's home game against Bolton Wanderers on New Year's Day.
He said Diouf and other Leeds players found the 'costume' - a blacked up face and head, Leeds kit and white mohican - funny.

As well as Diouf, the child also posed with Leeds' captain Lee Peltier and players Ryan Hall and Sam Byram.

The child also said midfielder Paul Green said to him: 'How cool do you look?'

The fan also posted pictures of him with Leeds United manager Neil Warnock, who he said found it funny, and police officers outside the ground.
Leeds fan: The child was also pictured with Leeds captain Lee Peltier, left, and Ryan Hall, right
Manager Neil Warnock also stopped for a picture with the fan
The boy also got to meet his hero once more in the tunnel.

Ahead of the game he tweeted: 'Theres only 2 El-Hadji Dioufs...this is how I've come dressed today.'

After the pictures were posted, Twitter users took to the social networking site accusing the child of racism.

Within hours the pictures had been seen by people across the world and are still on the boy's site.

One user called @JacobKing7 wrote: 'This is a touching photo mixed with a touch of racism',. and @greatbearbert wrote: 'Wrong on so many levels!'

Some questioned why a child was allowed to wear black make-up in the first place, with others saying the picture made them uncomfortable.

However, many people defended the child. Norwich City footballer Robert Snodgrass wrote: 'Can't a kid dress up as one of his favourite players these days without people moaning. We were kids once.'
Others joked that 'miniDiouf' should be signed up by the club.

The child said he was also stopped by other fans for a photograph, left, and also had a picture with police outside the ground
The child also later took to the social networking site to defend himself and said he is not racist.
He wrote on his account: 'Some pl on here think im racist for going todays game fancy dress loke diouf he loves it all the players do loads of fand been taking pics.'
He also said 'its a bit of fun' and claimed the footballer wanted the picture on his phone and took one himself.

The super fan said he even shaved his head to look more like his hero and 'loves Leeds'.

He said: 'Im a big leeds fan and love diouf.'
He added: 'I didnt realise i wud get this much attention thanks for your comments but im gonna watch rest of match now'.

He ended the conversation by saying: 'Just to let u know that the makeup and hairstuff i was wearing was from a fancy dress shop and washed straight off am now in my pjs.'

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Genuinely one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.
You've led a very sheltered life then. It's not even the most disturbing thing I've seen in the 20 minutes.

de niro said:
Ffs, it's a kid, his favourite player is BLACK, if he was racist he'd pick a white one.
It really is mental when you look at it like that.

I don't understand how anyone can possibly construe it as racist, but I am amazed that any parent would allow their kid out like that in these ultra-PC times. Even more amazed that the police didn't steer well clear of a situation like that. But then again, it is West Yorkshire.

The most disturbing thing here is the fact, Diouf is his favourite player ffs!?

His Dad needs to spend more time educating his son and showing him some real footballers and less time with his mums fucking make-up.

As for it being racist? Is it fuck but the yoghurt knitters will dine out on it for a few days so hey ho!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
EVILBLUEANT said:
There is no way I would let any of my kids anywhere near El Hadj Diouf, Disgraceful parenting

Chances are the parents aint right in the head, i mean they are leeds fans so they are bound to be abit special!

Edited for accuracy

There is no way I would let any of my kids anywhere within spitting distance of El Hadj Diouf. Disgraceful parenting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.