Leeds United 2016/17 thread

It was too close for comfort for me ............I prefer it when they are near the relegation zone.

Lets hope and pray for that result next season.. ...... the ****s

Monk resigns

That's a surprise, as I think he's done a brilliant job for dirty Leeds. At one point, they were in the bottom three, and yet they just missed out on the playoffs.

I fully expected them to challenge for the Championship title next season, but I'm not so sure now.

Glad that Monk has gone. He'd have brought them up next season and we don't want that.

New Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen says he has the vision to bring success to the Championship club.

The former Spain international was appointed as Garry Monk's successorlast week.

Leeds have not played in the top flight since relegation in 2004.

"I'm the guy who really wants to be here and has clear ideas of what I want to do to succeed and I am ambitious to bring Leeds back to where they belong," the 44-year-old told BBC Radio Leeds.

"If we can do that in the first year then fantastic, if it is the second year that will not be bad."

He continued: "I'll try to put my ideas on to the pitch to dominate games and have control of it. I'm very excited and believe we can do good things here.

"Last year they finished seventh and I hope to do better this season."

Denmark-born Christiansen's only previous managerial experience came in Cyprus with AEK Larnaca and Apoel Nicosia.

He is the Elland Road side's sixth manager in three years, but is confident that he can win over the club's fans.

"It is obvious that I did not sign here because of my name. I can only promise intense work and that I will do my best," he added.

"I hope that the fans will see a team with passion and that is ambitious to do something important."

New Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen says he has the vision to bring success to the Championship club.

The former Spain international was appointed as Garry Monk's successorlast week.

Leeds have not played in the top flight since relegation in 2004.

"I'm the guy who really wants to be here and has clear ideas of what I want to do to succeed and I am ambitious to bring Leeds back to where they belong," the 44-year-old told BBC Radio Leeds.

"If we can do that in the first year then fantastic, if it is the second year that will not be bad."

He continued: "I'll try to put my ideas on to the pitch to dominate games and have control of it. I'm very excited and believe we can do good things here.

"Last year they finished seventh and I hope to do better this season."

Denmark-born Christiansen's only previous managerial experience came in Cyprus with AEK Larnaca and Apoel Nicosia.

He is the Elland Road side's sixth manager in three years, but is confident that he can win over the club's fans.

"It is obvious that I did not sign here because of my name. I can only promise intense work and that I will do my best," he added.

"I hope that the fans will see a team with passion and that is ambitious to do something important."
Yadda yadda yadda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.