Leeds United thread 2020/21

Paul1970

Looks like Leeds have been busy today with 2 very good signings in Rodrigo and robin Koch . Looks like bielsa is starting to get his team sorted .

You think paying 26m for a 29yo is solid business?

Hardly a goal machine either tbh

Messi and Koulibaly say Hi. Theoretically speaking
Messi says Hi if he wins his court case and arrives on a 'free' high wages a given but he is the best player in the world and surely can't in any way shape or form be used in comparison to Rodrigo.

I do not want Koulibaly at City so I agree with you there, too expensive for his age and I am not sure if he is any better than we have already, a year to settle and he will be in his 30's.

he's never the main goalscorer but we'll see, you'd think they'd need a goalscorer given they only have Bamford but they could surprise.
This is what I was alluding to, a goal scorer is essential for anybody but a newly promoted club even more so.

Still, he can't be any worse than some of the recent signings by other clubs, Joelinton at Newcastle a prime example, 40m ouch.

This is what I was alluding to, a goal scorer is essential for anybody but a newly promoted club even more so.

Still, he can't be any worse than some of the recent signings by other clubs, Joelinton at Newcastle a prime example, 40m ouch.
I know he wasn’t a new signing for Norwich last season, but Pukki didn’t exactly set the Premier League alight, and his lack of scoring prowess perfectly illustrates your first point.

Well Rodrigo is a better player, but hasn't exactly been a renowned goalscorer. He might be one of those like Michu who has a redhot introduction and that is enough.

I tend to go for the view that if a striker comes up from the Championship you have to divide his Championship goals by about a third to get his predicted PL output, and maybe halve it if he's already played in the Prem before.

So Pukki had 29 in the championship, 11 in the Prem, about right.
Abraham went from 25 to 15, so about 60% but he's a Chelsea prodigy and had other Championship loans and went straight into a top 4 team all season which Championship promoted sides don't do.
Maupay went from 25 to 10 and quite a lot of the others like McBurnie, Rodriguez and Adams have come in and done less.

so for me, Mitrovic and Watkins if he goes to Villa, you're looking 26 goals in the Championship so 10-12 in the Prem, Mitrovic got 11 last time in the Prem so about right. Bamford only got 16 last season so you're looking 6-8 which wouldn't be unreasonable, so really they need another 15-20 goals from somewhere. You can see why they were after Cavani.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.