Leeds United thread 2020/21

Because of the dirty tactics Don Revie employed during his time as their manager.

Dirtiest team I’ve ever seen.
Which started in the 60s when I were a lad, not the 70s. Their fans were just as big a set of bastards even in those days.
Their team were a bunch of cloggers from numbers 1 to 11, were probably the first team to develop the concept of gamesmanship, and none of them would bat an eyelid in hacking an opposition player down to stop them.
To give them their due, they did have some very good players (spit), but knew all the dark arts.

Last edited:
I
Because of the dirty tactics Don Revie employed during his time as their manager.

Dirtiest team I’ve ever seen.

I fully understand a lot of blues reasons for their hatred towards them,...i went a lot of times in the 70s and early 80s,but it was not a nice day out coming to Maine Rd for lots of fans not just theirs.
I thought they played a lot of good football,and had some top players,Eddie Gray,Lorimor,Mick Jones and a lot more.

I hope they go straight back down, having won only four games all season, beginning with the one on Saturday.
giphy.gif

In the 70s Leeds had the most thuggish and racist fans in the country. It was a battle everytime we played there. To be fair their fanbase is much better nowadays but football fans have long memories. It was so bad going to Leeds that City and United fans sometimes teamed up against the Leeds yobs.

If City and United fans teamed up for a common enemy than it says all about it. This rivalary is also shared by Lancashire and Yorkshire cricket counties?

Cadbury's are dead to me
Their team were a bunch of cloggers from numbers 1 to 11, were probably the first team to develop the concept of gamesmanship, and none of them would bat an eyelid in hacking an opposition player down to stop them.
To give them their due, they did have some very good players (spit), but knew all the dark arts.
No more or less than the rags under the Pisscan. Difference being that Leeds have always had a bad reputation in the eyes of the media. Under Revie they were a bunch of thugs and did nothing to alter anyone's view of them. Like Milwall, they played on their image of knuckle-dragging Neanderthals because they hoped opposition teams would be intimidated by them.
But those verminous bastards from outside of Manchester were -and still are- given free reign by the fawning lickspittles that collectively make up what we laughingly call the media in this country.
When you think about the assaults that both the snidey ginger pig and the psychotic dog-walker carried out at the behest of the Pisscan, it's hard to understand why they were never arrested and charged with ABH.

Most other clubs and their fans have good reason to dislike Leeds, but the rags and their polythene following have absolutely no rights to claim the moral high ground about any 'bunch of cloggers'.

No more or less than the rags under the Pisscan. Difference being that Leeds have always had a bad reputation in the eyes of the media. Under Revie they were a bunch of thugs and did nothing to alter anyone's view of them. Like Milwall, they played on their image of knuckle-dragging Neanderthals because they hoped opposition teams would be intimidated by them.
But those verminous bastards from outside of Manchester were -and still are- given free reign by the fawning lickspittles that collectively make up what we laughingly call the media in this country.
When you think about the assaults that both the snidey ginger pig and the psychotic dog-walker carried out at the behest of the Pisscan, it's hard to understand why they were never arrested and charged with ABH.

Most other clubs and their fans have good reason to dislike Leeds, but the rags and their polythene following have absolutely no rights to claim the moral high ground about any 'bunch of cloggers'.
Quite agree. But Leeds were doing it 25 years before the GPC, and it was instigated by Revie. Before that, the only Leeds team anyone really knew of played at Headingly. We all know the reason for the rag' media support, but this is the Leeds thread.

Leeds will do OK this season, from what I have seen of them they play decent football have a good manager and wont be a yoyo side IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.