Left Back position

Blue Bogey

Going into the 2nd half of the season, which of the following Left Backs would be your choice; Mendy, Zinchenko or Angelino.

For me it would be Zinchenko, seems to keep things simple and doesn’t seem to lose possession as often. Has a steady influence on the team and is less likely to be caught out of position when the opposition break away.

Three LB’s is top heavy for the long term and I expect at least one to go in summer, two if we sign a new LB.

Going into the 2nd half of the season, which of the following Left Backs would be your choice; Mendy, Zinchenko or Angelino.

For me it would be Zinchenko, seems to keep things simple and doesn’t seem to lose possession as often. Has a steady influence on the team and is less likely to be caught out of position when the opposition break away.

Three LB’s is top heavy for the long term and I expect at least one to go in summer, two if we sign a new LB.
£150 million worth of left backs there if you believe the Gruinard.

Unfortunately people do.

Right now Zinchenko is number 1.

Let's see where Mendy us after 20 games back from injury, and Angelino is much better than people give him credit for, let's see him next to Laporte with a functioning midfield ahead of him.

Has to be Zinchenko, Angelino is a car crash in term of defending, and Mendy is struggling badly.

We desperately need a quality , long term 1st choice right back.

Zin is ahead of both Mendy and Angelino

Angelino was a cheap back up option brought in to cover the other 2 should it be needed.

The conundrum is what will happen with Mendy, at the minute it seems like the injuries have totally shot his game

The conundrum is what will happen with Mendy, at the minute it seems like the injuries have totally shot his game

He'll go out on loan once as soon as we sign a left back and then probably leave on a free at the end of his current contract. He's basically a £70m+ write-off at this stage.

Mendy and Angelino have been poor so it has to be Zinchenko but his season had been pretty average at best before his injury too. Without Laporte helping them they all have their faults.

Zinchy has won back to back titles at left back,it's his shirt

I must have dreamed Delph playing LB for the entire 17/18 season.

Zinchenko has done really well there, you don't need to exaggerate by saying he's won back to back titles at LB when he played about 3 games there in the centurions season.

He actually only started 19 out of 76 league games over those 2 seasons at LB.

To put that in context, Mendy managed 14, and he had 2 cruciate knee injuries.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.