Left Full Back

Nagatomo was in the Italian team of the year and it might be nice to add a Japanese guy for maketing reasons :-)

Seen Fabio Coentrao linked, think he could be a good signing. Can play both left back and left wing which is always nice.

SuperYaya said:
Seen Fabio Coentrao linked, think he could be a good signing. Can play both left back and left wing which is always nice.
Would be expensive and will probably be sold by Madrid and would probably go to Chelsea with him. I'd rather by a cheap young LB who can do a job and rotate behind Clichy when needed. Baines is unrealistic and will most certainly be off to united

I've said for a long time that Baines would be the ideal option for us; he's the most productive attacking leftback in Europe and adds a dimension that we've lacked since Richards was replaced by Zabaleta.
Whether he ends up at United now due to our lack of foresight over the last couple of years is another matter. If that's the case then we should move for Shaw; from what I've seen he looks the real deal, and we need to invest in young British talents to validate the club while we endure an obvious, but hopefully temporary, blip in our production line.

cmdub said:
SuperYaya said:
Would be expensive and will probably be sold by Madrid and would probably go to Chelsea with him. I'd rather by a cheap young LB who can do a job and rotate behind Clichy when needed. Baines is unrealistic and will most certainly be off to united

He would be more expensive than some other options true, but he's also a better player. With Real looking to get rid, we could get him for around £15m and I think that would be a good investment. He's only 25 too, so it's not like he's particularly old.

Tricky_Trev said:
We need some home grown players because Lescott could leave and Barry is getting old.

So the suggestions of Ben Davies or Luke Shaw are the best ones.

Good point.

I think a new Left back would be a welcome addition I'm tired of either having Kolarov who's great going forward but horrific defensively or Clichly who is great defending but horrific going forward. Someone who can do both well is what we need.

We need a left footed Zab is what I'm saying, does he have a brother?

Mattia De Sciglio is one lad I'd have loved us to sign.

Right footed but plays either side, great going forward and solid defender.

Only 20 and has a big Italian international future.

The bad news-he currently plays for AC Milan :(

Aaron. said:
I've said for a long time that Baines would be the ideal option for us; he's the most productive attacking leftback in Europe and adds a dimension that we've lacked since Richards was replaced by Zabaleta.
Whether he ends up at United now due to our lack of foresight over the last couple of years is another matter. If that's the case then we should move for Shaw; from what I've seen he looks the real deal, and we need to invest in young British talents to validate the club while we endure an obvious, but hopefully temporary, blip in our production line.
Well Clichy has done nothing but give solid and impressive displays in my opinion give or take a few games since he joined so surely you can understand why it doesn't make sense to both stick him on the bench and spend 15-20m+ on another LB.

im worried a lot of english youth players wont come to us now after what as happened with scott sinclair and we dont give youth players much of a chance tbh, but was that just mancini ? who knows..<br /><br />-- Thu May 16, 2013 7:18 pm --<br /><br />
Josh Blue said:
not good enough for premier league, he struggles defensively in championship

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.