Legendary Status

I think aguero will be the main one.
A blue born today, at most only foden will be playing for us on his 10th birthday. When hits 30, aguero will still be our record holder, and the yardstick our strikers will be compared to.
Kompany, silva and kdb will be talked about like Lee Bell Somerby and Doyle are now. Fernandinho unfortunately will only be by us old farts, wrong position to be remembered like the others. Imo.
Fern = Doyle.

They will both be remembered as legends.

Dave does not really have a defining lengendary moment like Kun, Vinnie and Yaya - lots of great assists, goals etc.

Still a legend but Kun is going to be the one people remember in 30 years time.

Kompany
Silva
Aguero
Fernandinho
Zabaleta

KDB, Laporte, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo, Ederson, Foden could all be on that list in a few years. And Sane if he stays, unlikely as it is.

Yaya was a great player, of course. But he was a total ****. We have plenty of players who are in the next tier down, still well loved.

Hart
Dzeko
Kolarov
Nasri
Etc.

Watching the Documentary about Dave last night got me thinking about who, in say 30 years time, from the last decade, will still be seen as a true legend - one of the very top, top players and personalities that have contributed to our overall history. I came up with just three:

David Silva
Vincent Kompany
Sergio Aguero

I know there is a case for Fern, Yaya, Zaba and maybe some others but for me those three stand head and shoulders above the rest. Each of them could have played for any team in the world they chose and they chose us. Each of them contributed so much that we would not have won anything like the trophies we have without them. Each have outstanding (if different) personalities and have been amazing ambassadors for the club and brilliant role models.

If I had to pick one out of those three it would be Dave. For what he has done for us, but also his amazing contribution to a world cup winning and Euro x 2 winning Spain.

Those are the three I would commission statues for and name the remaining three stands after. We are so blessed to have seen them. What do other Blues think?

Despite cakegate and his bellend of an agent you have to include Yaya in this list. Forget the last couple of seasons but for a few years he really was a vital part of our successes and big moments in each.

Totally agree with the 3 you mentioned.
And if I had to pick one I would pick merlin.
I would go as far as to say I would pick him in the top 3 players to have played in the premier league.
And in the top 10 players to have ever played in the country.
The guy makes watching a football game special when hes playing

Legends team, all at their peak:

Eddie

Zaba
Vinnie
Fern
Kolorov

Yaya
Kev
Dave

Tevez
Aguero
Raz

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.