Legendary Status

David Silva is the greatest to ever wear the shirt.

Absolutely no question the East Stand should be renamed in his honour on our last home game of this season.

I think aguero will be the main one.
A blue born today, at most only foden will be playing for us on his 10th birthday. When hits 30, aguero will still be our record holder, and the yardstick our strikers will be compared to.
Kompany, silva and kdb will be talked about like Lee Bell Somerby and Doyle are now. Fernandinho unfortunately will only be by us old farts, wrong position to be remembered like the others. Imo.

Somerby ??? Lol.
However I agree with you - Sergio will be the one.

I remember Zaba being a feature on many a person's get rid list around the time of the take over, my god did he turn it around

For me, the three were able to play at the very top level irrespective of manager. Zaba chose not to play under Pep. Nothing wrong with that but to me, it just differentiates to be able to say those three contributed hugely to every one of our 4 titles.

Zabba got offloaded mate, you think he’d have left out of choice? Too old and his legs had gone, debatable if he was the type of fullback for pep even in his prime. There’s many variables to what makes a legend for me. Zabba ticks a lot of the boxes though. Off the pitch he fully embraced Manchester and city, a big rarity for a South American. Also had the respect to fully learn and understand English very quickly. Attended youth games as a fan and many other things. Top top bloke, to pick one will always be David though.

Vinnie/David/Kun

Yaya/Zaba/Fern/Kev/joe

Edin/kolorov/Raz/Gaz Baz/ Eddie/ Tevez/

Is my three layers of legends so far.
I like and agree with this post and would maybe add a few more to that list.

Before the modern glory days started you’d hear old timers being interviewed on radio manchester from the mercer Allison team and to a man they’d be introduced as legends and there was no question in your mind that it was true - they were legends. Law of averages some of these guys may have not been great team mates on occasion or may have put themselves before the club in some regard but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that these guys helped us win trophies on days that people still look back on with fond memories and so in the happy world of football they become legends. 40 years from now the current / recent crop will be looked at in the same way. It’s just a shame that some sanctimonious fans let irrelevant media tittle tattle cloud their judgement about today’s heroes.

bring back the 3 stars above the badge or even better ring the new badge with 11 stars and have them name them in honor of legends with the flag of the players nation and initials in the star

that way they will be part of the team every time a player pulls on the city shirt on they have the legends on their hearts, also gives the new players something to target of having your name added to the shirt one day

Kompany
Dunnie Monster
Zabaleta
Joe Hart
David Silva
Aguero
Dzeko

Kolorov
Gareth Barry

There are a few others of this team who are edging towards it but the top 3 for me are Dunnie, Vinnie, Zabaleta in that order!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.