Legendary Status

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Saddleworth2, 24 Jan 2020.

1. 1961_vintage

1961_vintage

Sergio + Yaya + Vinny.

2. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

David Silva is the greatest to ever wear the shirt.

Absolutely no question the East Stand should be renamed in his honour on our last home game of this season.

3. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Nowt. He would be in my awards for legend (tier 3). A badge of pride.

4. BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester

Somerby ??? Lol.
    However I agree with you - Sergio will be the one.

5. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

I remember Zaba being a feature on many a person's get rid list around the time of the take over, my god did he turn it around

6. Whymewhynot

Whymewhynot

Team supported:
    Mighty blues
    Zabba got offloaded mate, you think he’d have left out of choice? Too old and his legs had gone, debatable if he was the type of fullback for pep even in his prime. There’s many variables to what makes a legend for me. Zabba ticks a lot of the boxes though. Off the pitch he fully embraced Manchester and city, a big rarity for a South American. Also had the respect to fully learn and understand English very quickly. Attended youth games as a fan and many other things. Top top bloke, to pick one will always be David though.

Shaelumstash and Eccles Blue like this.
  7. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

I like and agree with this post and would maybe add a few more to that list.

Before the modern glory days started you’d hear old timers being interviewed on radio manchester from the mercer Allison team and to a man they’d be introduced as legends and there was no question in your mind that it was true - they were legends. Law of averages some of these guys may have not been great team mates on occasion or may have put themselves before the club in some regard but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that these guys helped us win trophies on days that people still look back on with fond memories and so in the happy world of football they become legends. 40 years from now the current / recent crop will be looked at in the same way. It’s just a shame that some sanctimonious fans let irrelevant media tittle tattle cloud their judgement about today’s heroes.

1961_vintage likes this.
  8. ancoats

ancoats

bring back the 3 stars above the badge or even better ring the new badge with 11 stars and have them name them in honor of legends with the flag of the players nation and initials in the star

that way they will be part of the team every time a player pulls on the city shirt on they have the legends on their hearts, also gives the new players something to target of having your name added to the shirt one day

9. Eccles Blue

Eccles Blue

Kompany
    Dunnie Monster
    Zabaleta
    Joe Hart
    David Silva
    Aguero
    Dzeko

Kolorov
    Gareth Barry

There are a few others of this team who are edging towards it but the top 3 for me are Dunnie, Vinnie, Zabaleta in that order!

10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

I said no mention on page 1... I saw your comment on page 2 ;)