Legendary Status

If we're including Yaya we have to include Glauber Berti and Richard Wright.

Touré is a legend for us. What he did off the pitch might have hurt some (reasonably so) but he did as much as if not more than any other City player between 2010-14.

Like, just for the sake of argument, if when Silva leaves at the end of the season he chats shit about City, would that mean he's no longer considered a legend? Would that make his 10 year contribution any less important? Of course not. You might like him less but he'd still be a legend (I know he wouldn't chat shit about City in case that's an argument you're thinking of).

Zabaleta will always be a hero (for so many reasons), but legend is a stretch. He was consistent and ridiculously hard working, but never really THAT great. I don't think he ever hit the levels Richards did in the first half of 11-12 for instance.

I honestly think the fact we've never been a top team for too long means that everyone involved in every successful side is put on a pedestal. Hopefully in 10 years time, with continued success and more truly top players having great careers for us, my point will be clearer.
Dave wouldnt do that,that is part of what makes him a legend

Yaya accused the club of all sorts whilst he was still here then again after,he is way down my list as a result

ZAbba is a legend for his commitment and not so much his ability

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.