Legends

buckshot

Sitting here just after midnight on the east coast in USA and watching City highlights. I've been furloughed and not going back to work for at least two more weeks so I've got time to dedicate to the important stuff (City and drinking). I'm thinking about City legends since the takeover. For me it's the three obvious choices of Vinnie, Merlin and Aguero but I also have to add Zabaleta in there as well. He was on the pitch for so many memorable moments and I always got the feeling that he was the type of guy who would walk through fire in a gasoline suit to play for City. The emotion he showed when he scored that goal against Roma is one of my top moments. I wish Yaya could have left without burning bridges because his contribution was massive and who knows if City would have pushed on w/o him winning the FA Cup for them.

Dinho is right on the cusp of deserving a statue and one or two more good years will solidify his "legend" status with the club as well. After him KDB and Sterling are the next in line to reach the stratosphere with their achievements at City. Bernardo could easily step into that role by playing a more central role when Dave is gone and hopefully Foden will someday eclipse them all.

I guess my point is that we've been ridiculously lucky to see the talent and heart come through over the last twelve years.

Also, not having sports sucks.

Sitting here just after midnight on the east coast in USA and watching City highlights. I've been furloughed and not going back to work for at least two more weeks so I've got time to dedicate to the important stuff (City and drinking). I'm thinking about City legends since the takeover. For me it's the three obvious choices of Vinnie, Merlin and Aguero but I also have to add Zabaleta in there as well. He was on the pitch for so many memorable moments and I always got the feeling that he was the type of guy who would walk through fire in a gasoline suit to play for City. The emotion he showed when he scored that goal against Roma is one of my top moments. I wish Yaya could have left without burning bridges because his contribution was massive and who knows if City would have pushed on w/o him winning the FA Cup for them.

Dinho is right on the cusp of deserving a statue and one or two more good years will solidify his "legend" status with the club as well. After him KDB and Sterling are the next in line to reach the stratosphere with their achievements at City. Bernardo could easily step into that role by playing a more central role when Dave is gone and hopefully Foden will someday eclipse them all.

I guess my point is that we've been ridiculously lucky to see the talent and heart come through over the last twelve years.

Also, not having sports sucks.

I think I would add Fern to that list. I`ve been going to City since 1957 when I was 4 years old the 1st hero I had was David (Waggy) Wagstaffe. I never thought I`d see the brilliant football I`ve seen the last 12 years

What about Bert?
A cert for Bert. I seem to recall back in the 60's he was made a "Token" Englishman and captain for a one-off friendly international.
Also, whilst not the most technically gifted, Dave Ewing was a favourite of mine, he could kick both man and ball into Alexandra Park.

A cert for Bert. I seem to recall back in the 60's he was made a "Token" Englishman and captain for a one-off friendly international.
Also, whilst not the most technically gifted, Dave Ewing was a favourite of mine, he could kick both man and ball into Alexandra Park.

I think Bert played in a Football League team (for which you didn't have to be English)?

Probably a bit of Irish bias here but I think Richard Dunne deserves legend status.

Played almost 300 games here, was player of the season four years running. Got left behind when the money came in. Never grumbled. Had a bit of bother with professionalism and drinking etc under Keegan and overcame it. A good servant and our best player for a good few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.