Leicester (A) Post Match Thread

there was 3 or 4 misses but the mahrez one when he took the ball of aguero then hit the keepers legs ? he had all the other side of the goal to hit but shot at the keeper also jesus missed a easy take from a great pass from KDB

your right about it was not onside anyway ? but was saying that it was there only chance of the first half and it could have cost us and a game changer

pep knows about the chances we fluff and he's been banging on about for years. we seem to get punished for not converting them by a single chance the other team has. its a hard lesson that better teams will hurt you and like i said sterling miss last season in the champions league was crazy

Dortmund will offer a much bigger goal threat with haaland sancho hazhard bellingham
but maybe they will sit back and try and nick something. but if city score early they can change system very quickly and it could become a open game and the danger man haaland can scores for fun
I think Sancho is out?

Nailed on.
I don’t think he was offside based on this... If Aguero wasn’t there, can you categorically say the ball still goes in the net, if yes, he wasn’t interfering in play.

The ball would still go in.

That said, at least there is consistency as I’ve seen them disallowed against us (Newcastle at home a fair few years back), and all I want to see from refs is consistency.

Might be wrong but were not the match stats Leicester 13 fouls 2 booking and City 12 fouls 3 bookings? not bad since one of their bookings should have been red

Game should be two halves of 30 minutes and the clock stops when ball goes out of play.
Data has consistently shown over years that actual ball in play time can range from 40 minutes to around 55-60 mins.
There would be no time wasting (except maybe slowing down to get a rest/disrupt rhythm).
There would be the usual opposition to it saying that the grass roots would be different.

I can't understand this argument. If you reduce the length of each half to 30 minutes, you've saved the time-wasting team the trouble of wasting 15 minutes in each half as well as changing one of the fundamental rules of the game to accomodate them.

I don’t think he was offside based on this... If Aguero wasn’t there, can you categorically say the ball still goes in the net, if yes, he wasn’t interfering in play.

The ball would still go in.

That said, at least there is consistency as I’ve seen them disallowed against us (Newcastle at home a fair few years back), and all I want to see from refs is consistency.
If he's obscuring the keepers view from an offside position he's offside, simple as. Doesn't matter whether it's trickling towards the keeper or going top bins at 300 mph.

I've checked out the Guardian report, pretty anodyne but they couldn't help mention the cost of the team and certainly didn't gives us as much credit as deserved; at least it referred to Leicester as a fine team.

I've commented on the boring tag before: I think people confuse the fact that in most of our games, one team is trying to play (entertaining football) and the other is trying to survive. The seemingly never-ending procession of London Transport wannabes that City face doesn't do much to add thrills to our games. City's dominance just exacerbates things when they won't actually let teams out of their half. Well, tough shit for those who do not have the sense of involvement in games that we as City supporters have or those who do not appreciate the quality of City's version of the beautiful game. I don't think I have ever wanted a major trophy haul more for the affirmation that it would bring than I do right now.

I'm honestly not surprised by what Pep has done, I spent four years watching the majority of games his Barca side played, followed his progress at Bayern (although didn't watch lots of their games) and have read a few of the books about him. Whilst he sticks to the principles of how he wants to play, he doesn't stand still and his quest to keep improving is never-ending. The next few weeks will be perhaps the biggest challenge he has faced: his team have played so many games and now have another intense spell of games but at the business end of the season. I don't think it is a huge exaggeration to claim that the next two months could define his career as a manager as much as any other time in it; maybe more. He needs not to overthink things and his players need to keep working hard and maintaining a laser sharp focus.
Agree with virtually every word of this. When I said the Guardian report was fairer than I expected I wasn't praising the Guardian because my expectations were far from high but I'd simply noted that some of the rabid, virulent anti-City venom had calmed somewhat. The last time I actually read a newspaper report on a City match was the Sunday after we had beaten Watford to complete a unique clean sweep of domestic trophies and in the Guardian and Independent not a word of appreciation but a concerted attack on state ownership, financial doping and the destruction of competitive football. All this after a 6-0 cup final! And now we're boring! What an exciting spectacle 1-0 to the Arsenal used to be, and how we all enjoyed Ferguson's 5 across midfield or Liverpool's hoof ball. But some of Guardiola's football is breathtaking. I thought I'd never see football to rival that played by his Barcelona, but then he brought Munich to the Etihad .... and now to see City playing it week after week, season after season is something I never dreamed possible. And early this season even some of our own supporters thought his time was up and he'd had his day - let's hope the end of this season shows how dramatically wrong they were.

I can't understand this argument. If you reduce the length of each half to 30 minutes, you've saved the time-wasting team the trouble of wasting 15 minutes in each half as well as changing one of the fundamental rules of the game to accomodate them.
Wrong. A football match is not 90 minutes. It’s anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes depending on how much time wasting goes on, how bitty the game is etc...
Two halves of 30 would be to our advantage and time wasters loss. The time wasting would have no effect except that you could still slow things down but the clock wouldn’t be running so it would purely be to rest not run the clock.

Quality solid performance and an easy 3 points but one thing about this game, Brendan Rodgers.

If for any reason the club are thinking about this dude as a long term successor to Pep, I hope this and many other games against the bigger teams have put all those thoughts to bed for ever.

Brenda is a flat track bully of a manager, and against the better teams shows what he is....a loser, pathetic performance and ambition from Leicester.
I don’t want him anywhere near our club. Massive ego and less talent than he would like us to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.