Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

It’s not just if down at HT.. I’m struggling to think of many games where we have conceded first and turned it around. No Plan B as we assume that if we go ahead we will win. Not a negative comment just fact.
As you say no plan B . The unpalatable truth would seem Pep seems incapable of changing a game that’s going wrong. As the worlds best coach should he not possess that basic tenet of strategical genius to turn a game around?

Yeah, I can’t recall another win from a losing position tbh. I’m looking at the Leicester game with another angle now. If Ferna hadn’t missed that sitter and Rodri not gone too early, it would have been a different game completely. The 3 penalties apart, we weren’t as bad as I first thought. However, it was not up to our normal standards.

We came from behind to beat Brighton on the final day, a couple of seasons ago - to win the title. But that was the only league game we won from a losing position that season. In fact, we only even came back for a draw once: Wolves away.

We came from behind to beat Brighton on the final day, a couple of seasons ago - to win the title. But that was the only league game we won from a losing position that season. In fact, we only even came back for a draw once: Wolves away.
True... then Watford was the only other I can remember.

Oh you were there I take it. It’s not one game but keep telling yourself whatever helps.
Whether I was there or not is a moot point - the relevance is the lowest period of our existence, not my attendance.

Also, it is one game, 3 points lost.
Last season was one season, not a marker for our future endeavours.
We fell below our standards last year, but I feel there were real tangible reasons for that. we bought a centre mid to replace ferna, in the belief that ferna could cover at CB (didn't work) and a right back to keep KW on his toes.

I feel this window we have addressed the issues we suffered with last year, with the exception of a striker (now needed!).

I still don't think last season was that bad either, we won a trophy and i do see us challenging for the title this year.

I was thinking that myself, but maybe their is something in the reason why we have not gone and been ruthless in the window ?

I dont know.

That is why this season is not just about mounting a title challenge but we need to progress in europe as well.

If the players dont look like respinding to Pep and we struggle - in my eyes I think he goes by his choice.
Think 63m on Dias could mean the opposite, think Tikki would have put that to Pep before breaking our transfer record!

£80m? Good but not that good
No one's worth £80m (or £75m which VVD actually cost) imo mate. It's a ridiculous figure for any player, nevermind a CB. However, in the current climate of astronomical transfer fees, to Liverpool, he was worth every penny! Bringing him and Alison in, won them the league. Do you think they made a mistake buying VVD and should have gone for a much cheaper option? I wish he had have been a complete waste of money, but he clearly wasn't.

as they say football is a game of opinions, but I'd much rather pay to watch Sane any day than a selfish one-trick pony.
I'm not sure 'one-trick pony' is fair, although I do know what you mean. However, he is definitely selfish! Proper greedy t**t. He needs being told to sort that out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.