Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

anyway, just an apology to Leicester fans for having to read the shit Rodri came out with yesterday. You were the better team, deserved to win and it's just denial on behalf of our squad who have a poor mentality these days. Congrats.

proper embarrassing dogshit from Rodri. If he actually believes the crap he was spouting then he's in dire need of medical intervention.

Fernandinho cost the goal, side stepped and that left the whole defense wide open, he can no longer play MF, no legs.

Again sentiment has cost us dear, Fern is no longer good enough to be with us, no insulting, just fact.

Completely agree, this two holding midfielder system doesnt work. It nullifies most of our attacking threat and doesnt even make us solid at the back.

Not really seen anyone post about how we created fuck all in open play yesterday, its very worrying when our success has been built on being the best attacking team in the league.

In our last two PL winning seasons, possession, fast accurate forward short passing, tenacious regaining possession from the front and fast, brilliant wingers gave us a winning formula. Teams then began working us out by sitting back and playing on the counter. It became obvious that our defenders lacked pace (Walker excepted) and Rodri and Gundo lacked the control that Fern had previously given to break up counters in the middle of the pitch.Losing Sane (injury then transfer) and replacing him with Mahrez, losing Aguero to injury and Jesus's inconsistency (though on form he is excellent at it), all took away much of our intensity and pace up front. Arsenal, Southampton and Lyon all exploited this recently. Thinking about yesterday, lack of basic defensive instincts from 3 players led to the penalties but if you take the penalties away it was still a winnable game. We probably (?) won't concede 3 pens in the same game ever again. So, the job in hand is to realise where we're going wrong in the last 12 months and move on. With a back 4 of Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake the defence will improve. Upfront Aguero, Jesus and Sterling give us enough quality. KDB is our best player by far, Foden and Bernardo are good enough. Fern has been good enough but ageing. So the weakness for me lies in defensive central midfield. I hope Rodri can do it but I'm not sure he can. I don't think Gundo can handle that position on his own especially in big games. So if we were to sign another player, that is the position needed - in my humble opinion of course. If we need the money for a big buy I would view any but not all of Garcia, Mendy, ZInch and maybe even Mahrez as potential income or expendable carrots to dangle to selling clubs. Lack of leadership on the pitch? I'll leave that to another post!

Completely agree, this two holding midfielder system doesnt work. It nullifies most of our attacking threat and doesnt even make us solid at the back.

Not really seen anyone post about how we created fuck all in open play yesterday, its very worrying when our success has been built on being the best attacking team in the league.
We scored a worldie early doors, that apart our attacking was terrible and so predictable.

Last edited:
Dropping deep fucks up Pep's plan of squeezing space (as does having slow mids).

It effectively happened on the first goal, player able to turn & run rather than being flattened by 2nd challenge.

What they can't get right, is playing the high line then dropping off as the ball is played. Instead they rely on shit offsides. Then just go to pieces.

One particular player fucking off will help that & hopefully the one coming in, moreso.

I agree with playing offside and not dropping off. Especially with VAR now in place.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 11.17.13.png

Look at Garcia's position. If he steps out he has to close and close quick. If he takes few steps back and allow for Rodri to close, then hes cutting that pass into Vardy.

Kyle on the other hand is in the wrong position.

That comes from Pep. Pisses me off every time we lose, 'the other team didn't try to play so it was very hard'. Learn to adapt then Pep.

... the inability to just hold your hands up and say the best team won is embarrassing and childish. Grow up and get some fucking dignity.

Strange game yesterday, first half commentators were bemoaning how deep Leicester were playing, that City would run riot. They are like a boxer that dominates and takes one punch and goes down.

Mentally fragile.

Obviously great players have left, and other key players are ageing - so the team is not where it was two years ago.

To some degree, thats life.

The bigger issue is that City always seems to have a cohort of players that dont fit in, are not in form, are injured.......at the moment is much bigger and longer than usual.

Stones, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Aguero, Jesus.

Its incredible really that there isnt a recognised CF available right now - Brighton have more depth in this position. Its also incredible that there is so much dependence on Fernandinho, aged 35.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.