Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

we've faced all this shit and more in previous seasons, the only difference is we have a broken mentality now so fall victim to it. Unless the club are going to get dirty off the pitch and crush the Dippers and Rags stranglehold of authorities then it's down to the squad and management to have a ruthless mentality to deal with this like we did a couple of years ago. It doesn't help on the pitch that we take all the shit we're given off the pitch but we have to overcome it. I don't blame Leicester for pandering to what would get them the result, the issue is on the pitch we fall for it and let it beat us, and off the pitch we haven't eradicated the politics and problem that allows opponents to do that and do us over.

Exactly. We're too fucking soft and nice both on and off the pitch. None of the G14 clubs have any morals whatsoever and if we wish to beat them consistently to major trophies we have to fight as dirty as them.

Football is corrupt and biased, so sitting meekly while the media constantly bad mouth us, fearing upsetting opinion by spending some of our hundreds of millions annual income on the best stars and being less than commited on the pitch to do anything in order to win will not achieve anything anymore.

We took the cartel by surprise the last few seasons with our style of play and the right players to achieve it, but a succession of poor transfers and penny-pinching has allowed them to catch up. Now we have a harder job getting back on top than if we'd been ambitious in the transfer market after each title win.

I feel much better having just seen that Bayern Munich got similarly thumped on Sunday 4-1 at Hoffenheim.

why are we comparing ourselves to the Bayern result. Who gives a fk about them? Sorry but them losing has squat to do with us. They will go on and win the treble (again) given the squad they have. We wont come near winning anything if we dont address our issues.

Against Wolves we were OK. Against Leicester we were crap. Leeds next, what u thinks gonna happen? Leak goals again.

Pretty much called it when it happened. Pep's the greatest coach on the planet but there are aspects to his overall management which are lacking. I think Torrent and then Arteta helped bridge the gap between the coach and the players and without that kind of figure at the club then I think he's going to struggle. I hoped Lillo would come in and be an adequate replacement but I'm not sure exactly what it is he's brought to the table.

Seems that Lillo is another tactician who over thinks the game. Arteta knows you have to keep it simple and overthinking brings doubts. Is Lillo causing uncertainty in Pep by over complicating and making it hard for players to know exactly what are their instructions and priorities? In the past it was simply to outscore opponents and so win.

Trying to think what best team is and this is all could come up with

ederson
Walker Dias Laporte ake
Bernardo de bruyne gundogan foden sterling
Aguero

only gundogan out of that doesn’t have pace to do recovery pressing

why are we comparing ourselves to the Bayern result. Who gives a fk about them? Sorry but them losing has squat to do with us. They will go on and win the treble (again) given the squad they have. We wont come near winning anything if we dont address our issues.

Against Wolves we were OK. Against Leicester we were crap. Leeds next, what u thinks gonna happen? Leak goals again.
It all turned to shit when he took Fernandinho off.
Rodri is not Fernandinho.

Step toe played as a dm the entire game right in front of their back 4 but suddenly he sprints 100 m dash in blink of an eye and still haven’t lost any pace after all these years. Defying laws of physics and human evolution at the same time . Must be juice bar or asthma inhaler working it’s magic.

No balls anywhere in our current team. None.
No ability to revover from adversity.
Yep and lacking real on field leadership - I know some think who the captain is doesn’t make a difference, but we’ve seriously missed a proper leader organising the defence and galvanising the team when we concede.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.