Leicester Fans clash with Spanish Police

Unless you're actually there then it's not easy to make assumptions. That vid doesn't show the Leicester fans in a great light but there's another one on that Football Away Days FB page showing the police baton charging fans in a bar in the same square. Lobbing stuff at the Madrid police isn't particularly wise and they'd have been better off getting on their toes because that is a battle the fans are never going to win, but having witnessed the indiscriminate attacks on City fans last season (not to mention the video from 2012 of police randomly attacking our fans who were peacefully drinking outside a Madrid bar in which the Charlton chairman got knocked clean out), and seeing some of the pics circulating of Leicester fans and their injuries (fans that don't exactly look like the type to have been calling it on unlike those in that vid), I'd sooner reserve judgement before condemning them out of hand on the basis of a few knobs throwing stuff and singing stupid songs. I'll also add that the Leicester fans' actions towards the police in that video is literally fuck-all compared to the retaliation of some City fans towards South Yorkshire police at the battle of Oakwell in 2000.

I know I was one of the lads who tried to help him and got battered for my trouble.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leicester fans in a square in Madrid chanting: &quot;You Spanish bastards, Gibraltar is ours.&quot; That&#39;s the new post-Brexit &quot;global Britain&quot; there.</p>&mdash; David Conn (@david_conn) <a href="">April 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leicester fans in a square in Madrid chanting: &quot;You Spanish bastards, Gibraltar is ours.&quot; That&#39;s the new post-Brexit &quot;global Britain&quot; there.</p>&mdash; David Conn (@david_conn) <a href="">April 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fucking hell Conn is still alive?

It was never going to end well. Spanish police are baton happy at the best of times and with all the furor over Gibraltar there is added needle. It is always a clash of cultures at these events abroad. The English fan's like to park themselves in a square with a lot of bars, hang flags everywhere, get pissed to the extreme, sing and chant. A few knobs usually overstep the mark and soon the bottles and chairs start getting thrown. The police then charge and everyone in the vicinity gets it innocent or not.

I worked on cross channel ferries and every time we carried Spanish fan's over they were as quiet as mice and the only liquid we sold out of was bottled water. The German fans liked a drink and a sing song but were well behaved.

I guess if you mob up in another city, get plastered and behave like dicks, trash the place and sing antagonistic songs about the country you are in you can't be surprised when you get a slap.

im amazed that innocent people get belted i know beer turns people into billy big bollocks and curiosity make you want to watch or see but surly if kicking off just get the hell outer there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.