Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

It has to be, with Sane's injury it was his chance, yesterday apart, has he really shown enough?

I think he’s a confidence player. Needs a run in the side. I hoping he gets it.

The sun is going down on Merlin's career. Think of that ridiculous pass to Edin during the 6-1. Think of the way he virtually single-handedly turned it round against Hull away in 2014 when Kompany had been sent off. Those moments will not come again, but we've had so many of them over the approximate decade that he's been with us. We should just be thankful to have seen the greatest ever (nobody alive has seen Peter Doherty, who by all accounts was a force of nature).
In the second half of the season, I expect to see him being brought on for half-hour periods towards the end of a game, or starting and playing a first half or so. But time and tide etc. It'll be an emotional one at the end of the season.

As much as it hurts me to say it one of the biggest improvements since the derby has been the lack of Silva in the middle.

He doesn’t have the legs to play how the likes of Foden and Bernardo have played recently. Chasing everything down - being a nuisance with and without the ball.

Slightly worried he’ll be slotted straight back in the team when he returns from injury. An amazing player and one of the best ever but now doesn’t quite have the engine to play week in week out.
He must be back up to KDB now and nothing more, sad to say but he now weakens us when he plays 90 mins

We was great yesterday. Still worrying how we can go from an attack to the ball being in our own net in a matter of seconds, whoever we play. Laportes return can’t come soon enough. Was great to see us back playing as we can.

I got the opportunity to watch him closely H1 as I was in EL1 close to the pitch. His decision making was what impressed me the most, absolutely outstanding. Like you said his ball control and passing vision were also excellent.

One thing is certain. If he stays fit and plays anywhere close to his what he is capable of then Zinchenko and Angelino are nowhere near to starting at LB. Still a fair way to go yet but his curve is definitely on the upward.

Bernardo was amazing centrally, coupled with Gundogan they snuffed out most things. It allows KDB more of a roaming role which upset them as they couldn’t mark him. Mahrez had possibly the best game I’ve seen from him. He put defenders on their arse, hopefully he can improve on his pass selection instead of always trying a shot.
Gabby was a pest and his constant movement caused them problems. Same with Raz, but he really should shoot earlier instead of trying to get it in the 6 yard box before shooting.
We had much more stability in defence, but I wish Walker wouldn’t bomb forward as his pace is needed.
Happy for Mendy, he really needed a game like that to give him confidence and stamina.
Let see what we can do against Wolves.

The sun is going down on Merlin's career. Think of that ridiculous pass to Edin during the 6-1. Think of the way he virtually single-handedly turned it round against Hull away in 2014 when Kompany had been sent off. Those moments will not come again, but we've had so many of them over the approximate decade that he's been with us. We should just be thankful to have seen the greatest ever (nobody alive has seen Peter Doherty, who by all accounts was a force of nature).
In the second half of the season, I expect to see him being brought on for half-hour periods towards the end of a game, or starting and playing a first half or so. But time and tide etc. It'll be an emotional one at the end of the season.
On the Peter Doherty point. I spoke to an elderly gentleman in a pub in Didsbury a couple of years back who'd seen Doherty play a few times (and he wasn't a blue or a rag). He couldn't speak highly enough about him reckoned he was one of the best 2 or 3 players he'd ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.