Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SebastianBlue, 21 Dec 2019.

1. OB1

OB1

He can do the overlapping runs: he did a brilliant one in the second half where Raz unfortunately put a little too much on the pass to him and allowed the defender time to block the cross; otherwise, Be would have fizzed a cross in. He put loads of good crosses in a couple or three games back. His form is currently on a steep upward curve so let's just see where it ends up.

2. Burtonblue

Burtonblue

Honestly?
    No, not in my opinion.

3. pardoeofftomexico

pardoeofftomexico

I thought Colin Bell was more consistently at a very high standard over a good number of years. One thing that Colin had the advantage of was being being able to score headed goals. Having said that KDB is incredible. Is there any need to put them in order?

HarrytheBlue likes this.
  4. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!

There's plenty of room on the top podium for them to stand shoulder to shoulder for me..!

5. normskih

normskih

There will always be the talk of generation(s) ago players being/not being as good as modern day players. Today's football is so different, even the football is different to when my Dad played football when he used to play with a 'casey'. It would be interesting to task today's footballers to try taking free kicks with one and see if they can do those banana shots? It would be interesting. Today's game is played at a faster pace, on pitches that are like carpets, not like bogs. So let's not get tied down with Bell not as good as De Bruyne or Silva and so forth. The truth is, in each era, each are world class.

Zubrman, levets and Bobbyespania like this.
  6. karen7

karen7

He is a warrior so by definstion a leader

normskih likes this.
  7. Big Swifty

Big Swifty

Some old players would fit in today's game like a glove, if aided by today's training methods, tactical know-how, proper diet and so on. If anyone saw Alfredo di Stefano they would see a man with an energy that beggared belief, vision, ball control, shooting power, strutting self-confidence...and that's just for starters.

People talk of Pele and Maradona, but this fellow's all-round game was a wonder to behold. He had the lot.

That said, a lot of the old full-backs were far less mobile and would be given the runaround by a speedy winger, let alone overlap.

Dear old Joe Mercer said Doherty was the best player he ever saw.

8. crazyg

crazyg

This was in 1966 by Garrincha, with a "casey". It's nothing new.

CelesteItis likes this.
  9. Burtonblue

Burtonblue

Probably not
    I think KDB is playing against a much higher standard of opponent than The King did week in and out and his technical ability is probably superior whilst maybe lacking some of Bell’s physicality (although Pep has made him much more of a warrior over the last few yrs!)
    For me KDB has an elegance rarely seen and an exceptional range of passing.
    Both arguably the finest midfielder of their day in this league.

10. normskih

normskih

Great goal that, but that looked like a white ball. I remember seeing the casey my Dad had and it was brown and had a big lace up one side.