Leicester Pitch

Gray said:
Had they employed a local farmer to plough it prior to the game, it was dreadful.

Spoilt the game for me as we just did not have their experience playing on it or the aerial threat to exploit the long ball game needed on it.

Also without Hart's cock-up (always looks worse when the keeper makes one) we would have won despite the disadvantage.

They blatantly had the pitch like that on purpose but nothing can be done about it.

Matty said:
The surface was awful, however we were most at danger when they hit corners, crosses and freekicks into our area, thus negating the pitches affect. We'd have been just as shit at dealing with balls into the box if the pitch had been like a bowling green.

Correct, we'd have still conceded two very stopable goals on the best pitch in the world, and it didn't stop us missing that sitter with 5 minutes to go either. It wasn't great, but a long way from the worst we've ever played on.

Its winter, there's been loads of snow and frost, and then a load of rain this last week, its to be expected.

It shouldn't excuse us for not winning the game however, especially as we were so far on top by half time, despite giving them a goal start. Neither should it excuse Mancini for some poor substitutions, and leaving us with only 2 forward players on the pitch at the end, neither of who looked particularly arsed about being there.

Leicester Tigers played Northampton on it Saturday evening.

The pitch had nothing to do with us underperforming and defending like a school team though.

Blue-Eyes said:
Leicester Tigers played Northampton on it Saturday evening.

The pitch had nothing to do with us underperforming and defending like a school team though.

The Tigers have their own ground at Welford Road!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I cannot work out why the pitch should be like that. Everytime I have seen The Walkers Stadium it has been the greenest of swards.

I guess someone put that pitch to the sward .....

The pitch yesterday was the worst I have seen it for a long time, we have been training on it for about a month or so as our training ground has been frozen and the Walkers has under-soil heating. Very poor state yesterday, embarassingly so.

Maaaatty said:
The pitch yesterday was the worst I have seen it for a long time, we have been training on it for about a month or so as our training ground has been frozen and the Walkers has under-soil heating. Very poor state yesterday, embarassingly so.

It was just as bad for your players as well, they all did you proud yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.