Leighton James RIP

Whoever put the date in the corner has got it wrong..no way the King was playing in 76
He was , it was April 1976, his first attempt at a comeback, he played a few more toward the end of the 75/76 season . Sadly he broke down again and didn't play again until boxing day 1977

Ahh yes I forgot about the Ill fated first comeback ..DOH..
Pretty sure I was there , defo had a junior ST those days
Sad news about LJ , he was always an entertaining watch
RIP

Last edited:
My mate had the pub outside Turd More think it was called the Park? But he recalls Leighton James being one of the first at the bar after a game apparently would leg it down the tunnel at FT put a track suit and trainers on then leg it to the Pub lol

My mate had the pub outside Turd More think it was called the Park? But he recalls Leighton James being one of the first at the bar after a game apparently would leg it down the tunnel at FT put a track suit and trainers on then leg it to the Pub lol
That would be the park view mate :), rip Leighton a very good player, played cricket for Burnley as well I think? If my memory’s not playing tricks?

Eee. Them were t'days.
:)

Sky are Fukin wankers just mention LJ in the Blackburn v Wednesday live game totally out of context then go onto claim he was revered in these parts aswell as the Burnley area,,,,, twats

He was , it was April 1976, his first attempt at a comeback, he played a few more toward the end of the 75/76 season . Sadly he broke down again and didn't play again until boxing day 1977

I think I read he played in defence or not in his usual position is that right ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.