Lennon or McCartney

Lennon or McCartney

• Total voters
Never knew that...

If you hoped The Beatles would keep the optimism and love songs coming on Revolver (1966), you might have felt reassured by a few song titles. With “Good Day Sunshine,” you’d rightfully expect some old-fashioned Paul McCartney optimism. And “Love You To” had to sound promising.
But there was another title toward the end that surely would have caught your eye: “Got to Get You Into My Life.” That had to be a love song, didn’t it?Well, it was, only Paul was singing about marijuana, not a living person. In fact, Paul later referred to the track as “an ode to pot.”

Instinct always says Lennon as he was infinitely cooler, more edgy and more rock 'n' roll.

I've always found McCartney to be a bit of a knob to be honest, but when you actually look at what he's achieved (and it does pain me to say this), he's arguably out there on his own. Just look at some of the songs in his cannon: We Can Work It Out (an absolute favourite of mine), Paperback Writer (one of the best riffs ever), Helter Skelter, Penny Lane, Let It Be, Hey Jude, Sgt. Pepper, Blackbird, Penny Lane, Hello Goodbye...

I guess I could compile an equally-impressive list for Lennon (especially since Lennon wrote more Beatles songs than McCartney did) but the point is, I never liked McCartney as a person but I've had to force myself to come to terms with his tremendous talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.