Leon Bailey

He was the player I wanted instead of Nolito last year.

I think the player has to bring something extra special shooting wise like Hazard does. I currently don't see that player.

But if we are talking about pure dribblers Saint Maximin will be my favorite.

Plays in a team that regularly has over 60% possession
Has 15 goals and 10 assists in the league alone so far this season. I believe Messi and Neymar are the only others in top 5 leagues with double figures in both too.
Completed 83 take-ons(75% success rate) - Sane 54(64%), Sterling 49(58%), B.Silva 19(76%)
28 tackles - Sane 13, Sterling 11, B.Silva 14
31 defensive actions(interceptions/blocks/clearances) - Sane 13, Sterling 14, B.Silva 9

Fit this team like a glove imo. Think they are building something at Marseille though and he'll stay there for a while.

He was the player I wanted instead of Nolito last year.

I think the player has to bring something extra special shooting wise like Hazard does. I currently don't see that player.

But if we are talking about pure dribblers Saint Maximin will be my favorite.

Mahrez?

Mahrez is like Bernado Silva. And perhaps not as talented. Don't think he'll be particularly great for us. It's a different kind of football playing against 2 banks of 4s. Mahrez mostly plays on a counter attack team where he gets to take on backpedaling players with open spaces and passing lanes all around.

Don't get me wrong, he is extremely talented, and just might adapt. But the current guy flying past backpedaling defenders simply isn't going to be the seen if he joins City.

The ability to explode past players in tight spaces is a necessity.

Mahrez is like Bernado Silva. And perhaps not as talented. Don't think he'll be particularly great for us. It's a different kind of football playing against 2 banks of 4s. Mahrez mostly plays on a counter attack team where he gets to take on backpedaling players with open spaces and passing lanes all around.

Don't get me wrong, he is extremely talented, and just might adapt. But the current guy flying past backpedaling defenders simply isn't going to be the seen if he joins City.

The ability to explode past players in tight spaces is a necessity.

So the attempt to buy Mahrez in January was a panic buy?

Really want this guy and looks like it could happen according to tolmie. Like a hybrid of sterling and sane, with a cracking left foot and an eye for goal. Will probably not get much change out of 100m, considering dembele went from Dortmund to Barca for 130 and Bailey is that good.

Brahim Diaz could be more talented than Bailey if we give him a proper chance.
Lopez, Denis Suarez, Manu Garcia..... all looked like Diaz in terms of early promise. If Pep can make a real player of him without loaning out I think it'll be his greatest achievement as a manager at City.

Brahim Diaz could be more talented than Bailey if we give him a proper chance.
Not on the outside he couldn't. There is a modicum of speed, Athletism, and or power required to be better than players like Bailey ,or ecev Zaha on the outside. And Dia doesn't have that. I think he is a lot more like Hazard. Which is fantastic. But he needs to get his confidence and talents up to truly flourish at a top team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.