Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
He should be breaking the top 3 with his talent.
I mean, by definition *very few* players do that. You're talking about what, the likes of Mbappe, Lewandowski and Messi?

He's never been in that category, and he doesn't need to be to be a top player for a top club. He wasn't when he joined us, he wasn't when he left us.

He's still a quality attacking option, just as he was, that would improve any team at the top, he can walk straight from Bayern into the squad at Real, Barça, PSG, Juve or ourselves without any problems.

I mean, by definition *very few* players do that. You're talking about what, the likes of Mbappe, Lewandowski and Messi?

He's never been in that category, and he doesn't need to be to be a top player for a top club. He wasn't when he joined us, he wasn't when he left us.

He's still a quality attacking option, just as he was, that would improve any team at the top, he can walk straight from Bayern into the squad at Real, Barça, PSG, Juve or ourselves without any problems.
For me he could have been in the elite bracket, he had it all, superb close dribbling, pace, goalscoring, creation, physicality and he was a marketing mans dream.

For me he could have been in the elite bracket, he had it all, superb close dribbling, pace, goalscoring, creation, physicality and he was a marketing mans dream.
Whether that was on the cards, we'll never know, what he *has* achieved to date though is no slight on him.

It's not through want of trying that he isn't in that "top 3" or even top 10 bracket, those are mean feats and you need to be blessed and have the fates and luck on your side as well as immense skill for that to all come together, and even then it doesn't have to happen.

What if any of those attributes you listed has actually gone from Sane's play? Pace, yes, but that's down to an injury that had him out for an entire season. Maybe a little physicality, again same reason. But technically he is all there, and we're not talking about a crocked Andy Carroll or Michael Owen.

None of that is an argument against Sane as a player, or against us re-signing him. It doesn't make him arrogant or cocky, and it doesn't mean he stopped trying, if he did he wouldn't be performing like he does in the Bundesliga

Whether that was on the cards, we'll never know, what he *has* achieved to date though is no slight on him.

It's not through want of trying that he isn't in that "top 3" or even top 10 bracket, those are mean feats and you need to be blessed and have the fates and luck on your side as well as immense skill for that to all come together, and even then it doesn't have to happen.

What if any of those attributes you listed has actually gone from Sane's play? Pace, yes, but that's down to an injury that had him out for an entire season. Maybe a little physicality, again same reason. But technically he is all there, and we're not talking about a crocked Andy Carroll or Michael Owen.

None of that is an argument against Sane as a player, or against us re-signing him. It doesn't make him arrogant or cocky, and it doesn't mean he stopped trying, if he did he wouldn't be performing like he does in the Bundesliga
He could perform to a high level in his sleep, he has incredible natural talent.

The thing I see is a player who now does not look to be enjoying the game of football after a dream move back home to the biggest club in Germany, the reasons none of us know, but as said he is an immense talent and should be entering his peak years.

He looks decent I agree but hasn’t proven himself how Sane has.
True. But I'm comparing the Same I see today to the Martinelli I see today.

I love Sane, and I voted to take him back if he wants a return. But the Sane I see today reminds me of the Sane from his first season with us. Mostly disinterested with few moments of excellent play. Martinelli on the other hand is like a mini Gabby with his intensity with a little more speed and skill to boot.

Frankly, if City were looking for a young Raheem speed/skill replacement, he'd be near the top of the list for me.

True. But I'm comparing the Same I see today to the Martinelli I see today.

I love Sane, and I voted to take him back if he wants a return. But the Sane I see today reminds me of the Sane from his first season with us. Mostly disinterested with few moments of excellent play. Martinelli on the other hand is like a mini Gabby with his intensity with a little more speed and skill to boot.

Frankly, if City were looking for a young Raheem speed/skill replacement, he'd be near the top of the list for me.
I agree he looks like a decent player but Leroy always turned up in big games, Martinelli yet to have that impact for me though granted he lacks support at Arsenal. I’d have him at City as you say and I’d also welcome Leroy back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.