Leroy Sané

I think people have a very rose tinted memory of Sané at City.

He was capable of moments of brilliance but they were just moments and his end product was very patchy. He'd play well every third game for the most part.
In 2017/18 he scored 14 in all comps with 19 assists (10 goals and 15 assists in the PL). That's excellent for a winger. He was inconsistent over his time but he was a key part of what I believe is our greatest ever team in 17/18.

He’s got the ability to be better than anyone we currently have. I don’t think he’s got the belief or confidence in himself to do it though.

I proper loved watching Leroy. Thought he was our most exciting, edge of your seat, player since the takeover.

As Kyle Walker once said in a FiveLive interview “if he could just believe in himself he could be anything”, but I think he has confidence issues.

I think people have a very rose tinted memory of Sané at City.

He was capable of moments of brilliance but they were just moments and his end product was very patchy. He'd play well every third game for the most part.
Going off per minute stats (so, others did have greater numbers but from more minutes played), Leroy had the most goals and assists per minute in the entire squad in both the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

A big part of the best English football league team there’s ever been.

There was an article about him the other day - they said the biggest problem was that he was being played as a right winger, and that simply doesn't suit his game.

That does make some sense as he always seemed to be at his best when he was heading in a straightish line :)

He’s got the ability to be better than anyone we currently have. I don’t think he’s got the belief or confidence in himself to do it though.

I proper loved watching Leroy. Thought he was our most exciting, edge of your seat, player since the takeover.

As Kyle Walker once said in a FiveLive interview “if he could just believe in himself he could be anything”, but I think he has confidence issues.
Do you think he has more ability than Phil Foden?

Not much in it. I think Foden is a better player now and will end up being a better player in their careers, but I think Leroy had it in there to be even better. I think Leroy has a better short passing game (Foden’s weakest point, which isn’t weak but isn’t as good as other parts of his game) and better shot/more accurate finishing.

Leroy looks completely lost at Bayern though. It’s like the life’s been sucked out of his game.

I think Phil is a better player. He has more tactical awareness, can play with both feet, mentally stronger and is more versatile. Sane in full flight down the wing was a joy to behold though. He could go past defenders on either side at full pace and not many players I have seen have been able to do that over the years.

Going off per minute stats (so, others did have greater numbers but from more minutes played), Leroy had the most goals and assists per minute in the entire squad in both the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

A big part of the best English football league team there’s ever been.

The fact you have to go on per minute stats says it all.

He was coming off the bench against dead teams a lot of the time because he wasn't good enough to get in the side.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.