Leroy Sané

I was just watching the Liverpool game from 19 and he was such a terror all match and then scores the winner. Would love Grealish to replicate that Sunday

The 2-1 is probably my favourite game from the last few years and I've watched chunks of it back many times.

I actually didn't think Leroy was at his best that game. Even Lescott was saying it in the studio. Pep was going mad with him just before he scored as Leroy lost an easy possession on the half way line. He made up for it with that goal though. Bloody hell :)

We've only had Grealish for 6 games , we had Sane for 90 games. Bit unfair to be asking this so soon.
Very true but for me in terms of natural talent, Sane is night and day the better and more exciting talent.

Sane's issue was consistency, probably Grealish strongest asset, certainly in a Villa shirt.

It is important that former players speak highly of the club - it is good PR and shows how professional an outfit we are. I think everyone here recognises the scale of Leroy's natural talent: we spoke of him being a potential Ballon d'Or winner and it wasn't far from the truth. Natural talent will take you so far but he certainly did not display the right mentality, at times, and it was clear he wanted to go. I wish him well but I don't miss him; why would I when we have a team filled with world-class and emerging talents?

I believe his girlfriend isn’t shy in hiding her love for Manchester too? Shame it was Bayern that came knocking, tough for a German player to turn down unfortunately. Like Spanish players for Barca and Real.

The 3-0 at HT was peak City. Insanely good. And all on like the coldest night ever and no Arsenal fans there to witness it.
I took a couple of photos on my phone 20 minutes in of the 2/3 empty ground. Showed it recently to a gobby Arsenal fan who was ‘quoting‘ Pep about our poor support. He went very quiet.

That scenes are reasons why we think that Sane has changed... - it is not just the offensive production but that he seems to work a lot harder for the team, too...

That scenes are reasons why we think that Sane has changed... - it is not just the offensive production but that he seems to work a lot harder for the team, too...

I never thought Leroy was lazy. He just seemed to lack concentration for key periods of the game. Like so many skilful wingers I have seen over the years he seemed to drift in and out of matches. But at his peak he was truly fantastic. Leroy in full flow is one of the best things I have seen in watching City for 50 plus years. I hope he turns things round at Bayern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.