Leroy Sané

Sane made a great contribution to our success when he was here and from what I’ve read since leaving he has been respectful of our club.
I just think it’s a shame he’s gone to such a dull one horse league. Bayern don’t really need him (but as usual they get the best German players) and so it all seems a bit meh. Wish him all the best and Bayern all the worst.

Sane made a great contribution to our success when he was here and from what I’ve read since leaving he has been respectful of our club.
I just think it’s a shame he’s gone to such a dull one horse league. Bayern don’t really need him (but as usual they get the best German players) and so it all seems a bit meh. Wish him all the best and Bayern all the worst.

In my eyes - maybe without the year Liverpool sailed on high clouds - the situation for Manchester City in the EPL would have been the same if you always would have performed to your strengths.

He was strong when he was on song for City - but he has matured in the last two years a lot in his play and it is not just about the offensive contribution he does but his workrate etc. and defensive value has massively increased, too.

Is it always the best German players Bayern gets? I think the demands are very high at the club for the players and if players want to play they often have to make steps they did not do in their teams before. Changing clubs often makes the players having to get out of their comfort zone, too.

In my eyes - maybe without the year Liverpool sailed on high clouds - the situation for Manchester City in the EPL would have been the same if you always would have performed to your strengths.

He was strong when he was on song for City - but he has matured in the last two years a lot in his play and it is not just about the offensive contribution he does but his workrate etc. and defensive value has massively increased, too.

Is it always the best German players Bayern gets? I think the demands are very high at the club for the players and if players want to play they often have to make steps they did not do in their teams before. Changing clubs often makes the players having to get out of their comfort zone, too.
I take it you are a German football fan? Would you say the Sane signing has been a success? I am particularly interested in your statement about him maturing because his petulant sulking was his undoing with Pep, do you think he has the making of an ex-player who could well come back to haunt us say in the latter stages of a CL campaign?

I take it you are a German football fan? Would you say the Sane signing has been a success? I am particularly interested in your statement about him maturing because his petulant sulking was his undoing with Pep, do you think he has the making of an ex-player who could well come back to haunt us say in the latter stages of a CL campaign?

I am one of this terrible Bayernfans... (actually since I was a little child and as I am 52 that was somewhen in the 70s)

Sane needed his time - not just because of his ACL. The Bayernfans are very critical about their offensive stars - we already have seen that with Robben. Really fully accepted you just get when you do a good defensive job, too - and sometimes there is a bigger applause with a tackle of an offensive player after running from front to back then with a brillant offensive action.

He was critisized a lot in his first year - even if his offensive contribution was not worse than that of Gnabry and Coman - but last year Lewy and Müller carried the others. But other players like e.g. Müller and Kimmich were talking in favor of him in public and to the media and I guess that they and others had a big impact on him off the pitch, too. Nagelsmann gave him a new role - he now is more of a no 8/10 next to Müller than a winger - that works fine especially with Alphonso Davies on the left wing. Since then he really thrives - and that very consistently. In the league it is 5 goals and 7 assists in 1148 minutes - in the CL 5 goals and 4 assists in 500 minutes.

I know that there is not so much respect for the Bundesliga - but actually I think it is a lot easier to get results in the CL than in the Bundesliga - atleast when Bayern can play with their key players. Atleast in the group stage individual skills often are enough and it is not hard work to break through - whereas in the Bundesliga you need to play smarter to break down the opponent.

I am one of this terrible Bayernfans... (actually since I was a little child and as I am 52 that was somewhen in the 70s)

Sane needed his time - not just because of his ACL. The Bayernfans are very critical about their offensive stars - we already have seen that with Robben. Really fully accepted you just get when you do a good defensive job, too - and sometimes there is a bigger applause with a tackle of an offensive player after running from front to back then with a brillant offensive action.

He was critisized a lot in his first year - even if his offensive contribution was not worse than that of Gnabry and Coman - but last year Lewy and Müller carried the others. But other players like e.g. Müller and Kimmich were talking in favor of him in public and to the media and I guess that they and others had a big impact on him off the pitch, too. Nagelsmann gave him a new role - he now is more of a no 8/10 next to Müller than a winger - that works fine especially with Alphonso Davies on the left wing. Since then he really thrives - and that very consistently. In the league it is 5 goals and 7 assists in 1148 minutes - in the CL 5 goals and 4 assists in 500 minutes.

I know that there is not so much respect for the Bundesliga - but actually I think it is a lot easier to get results in the CL than in the Bundesliga - atleast when Bayern can play with their key players. Atleast in the group stage individual skills often are enough and it is not hard work to break through - whereas in the Bundesliga you need to play smarter to break down the opponent.

Sané's record in the Champions League for City was also fantastic. 4 goals and 4 assists in 2018/19 season in just 395 minutes (a goal contribution every 49 minutes).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.