Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
I‘m not sure lazy is the right word to describe Sane - he wasn’t lazy although he wasn’t always as hard working as Pep would hope - his issue was attitude… when he was on it he was pretty much unplayable- an exceptional talent but sometimes he just didn’t look up for it, Pep would give him a hard time and usually hook him. At the time I thought it was because he was young - it’s a feature of younger players to be inconsistent, but at Bayern he seems to have developed a reputation for being a bit moody and having a questionable attitude which may or not be fair.
This. Moody rather than lazy. Sometimes sulked when things weren’t to his liking whereas Pep’s preferred types would carry on regardless.

I have said it before that Leroy is a huge talent but that alone does not make a world-class player. I would not have him back with us but he gave us great memories, some huge performances, but he wanted to leave and was no longer following instructions with the diligence that he did.

Players go through less-good patches without it meaning they got comfortable or arrogant, as seems to be the suggestion. I've no doubt that Leroy puts 100% effort in just as he always has. Has he had better seasons? Yes. But that's natural and part of football (and life). He's not exactly tanked off a cliff, he's a solid player. He'd slot right back into our squad btw.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Any one denying Sane is a quality player is a fool but that's the whole point, Sane had the talent to be one of the worlds greats, he had the lot, yet now he would not even be in the top 50 players in world football.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Any one denying Sane is a quality player is a fool but that's the whole point, Sane had the talent to be one of the worlds greats, he had the lot, yet now he would not even be in the top 50 players in world football.
How much of it is down to that injury before he left?

Still, it is a shame, he was a very exciting player to watch, capable of unlocking any defence with a moment of genius or his speed.

Last edited:
How much of it down to that injury before he left?

Still, it is a shame, he was a very exciting player to watch, capable of unlocking any defence with a moment of genius or his speed.
The injury was clearly serious, but he was taken care of with Bayern's doctors/surgeon, if there was any doubt whatsoever that he would not make a full recovery, Bayern would not have completed the deal, he was given a huge contract, clubs like Bayern don't do that if there is any doubt over fitness.

He was a wonderful player, for me the most exciting to watch since the takeover and like I said earlier, for me he had all the requirements to be a world great, he simply has gone backwards, so sad to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.