Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax was agreeing with my post on Sané having played wingback brilliantly in the past and that position not being the problem.

Wtf, it's like talking to my senile old man

Kolorov played in a back 3, a naturally left sided player, the whole basis of this is my assertion that sane can play the position when the balance is right in behind. You can bloody argue with your own shadow sometimes..

But apart from that he went cranbrook, it's a private school...
Wait! What? Did i imadvertently crash your argument with Dom?

My bad, I was just agreeing with what I consistently agree with on herer: Facts over opinion..erryday...

Didnt mean to butt in... Will watch from the sidelines going forward (:

Wtf, it's like talking to my senile old man

Kolorov played in a back 3, a naturally left sided player, the whole basis of this is my assertion that sane can play the position when the balance is right in behind. You can bloody argue with your own shadow sometimes..

Ok, that's a point which makes sense, and I agree with, but is at complete odds with your original point.

In conclusion, sane will remain our biggest attacking threat should he be played in his natural position.

Wingback is unarguably not his natural position, so if you think he will be good as a wingback when the side is balanced - something I agree with - you're completely contradicting the self-declared conclusion of your original post which is that he'll be fine only if he's played in his natural position - as a winger.

So it's no wonder you think we're at odds when your own posts aren't coherent. In one you argue he'll be fine at wingback with a balanced back 3, in another you declare he'll be fine only if played in his natural position.

Wait! What? Did i imadvertently crash your argument with Dom?

My bad, I was just agreeing with what I consistently agree with on herer: Facts over opinion..erryday...

Didnt mean to butt in... Will watch from the sidelines going forward (:

I've become more and more convinced Dom is a women... he has the ability to miss what's slapping him in the face...

Ok, that's a point which makes sense, but is at complete odds with your original point.

Wingback is unarguably not his natural position, so if you think he will be good as a wingback when the side is balanced - something I agree with - you're completely contradicting the self-declared conclusion of your original post.

So it's no wonder you think we're at odds when your own posts aren't coherent.

Have a look back to what you were interjecting on.... I for one would like to see sane in his 'natural position' of wide left, however, his game last night does not mean he can't be effective as a LWB.... my issue, and others who have stated numerous times, is that pep is shoehorning players, I'd like a return to 433 and think we'll see this more than the 3....

He did show signs last season that he could play as a wingback, but the current implementation is a bit different imo. I can't remember who played RWB when Sane was LWB last season but it was probably Sagna or Zabaleta, and they usually played pretty defensively, whereas Walker fully subsumed the RWB role and attacked as a winger many times, which saw Sane defending more often than not.

Ultimately it comes down to a partial fault of Sane and Pep on this, is Pep instructing Sane is defend more or does Sane think he needs to be defending alot more than he normally did last season. Also, the season is very early and I think Sane starts off slow in general and he will pick it up.

On to tactics, Everton predictably went 5-3-2 and it was obvious, Pep probably knew that, he should have went with a formation to neutralize that like 4-3-3 where he could overload the wing space. This was evident when Bernardo linked up with Danilo fairly well for the small time they had getting behind Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.