Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a god damn good player but some of you in this thread really overplay his ability and importance.
That being said I’d rather he stays than goes!
That's possibly true. He is still a fantastic wide forward. Possibly Sterling is better because Sterling tracks back but Leroy is younger. Sane was a fantastic impact sub. who'd get you off your seat.

I think opinion amongst City fans about Sane has dipped because he's seen as half way out of City but I am not convinced he will go to Bayern if they are not in the Champions League. They are 7th in their table although only a few points off top. They could win the league but they could also miss out on the Champions League. I don't think they are a very good side. They have Lewandowski and two good wide forwards in Gnabry and Kingsley Coman so I think they might be better off replacing players like Boateng and Muller. If Sane finishes this season back in the side and City win more trophies whilst Bayern continue to struggle,why would he go there?

Sane could be good for City in 2020 and help us recover so we should be helping him back into the fold.

That's possibly true. He is still a fantastic wide forward. Possibly Sterling is better because Sterling tracks back but Leroy is younger. Sane was a fantastic impact sub. who'd get you off your seat.

I think opinion amongst City fans about Sane has dipped because he's seen as half way out of City but I am not convinced he will go to Bayern if they are not in the Champions League. They are 7th in their table although only a few points off top. They could win the league but they could also miss out on the Champions League. I don't think they are a very good side. They have Lewandowski and two good wide forwards in Gnabry and Kingsley Coman so I think they might be better off replacing players like Boateng and Muller. If Sane finishes this season back in the side and City win more trophies whilst Bayern continue to struggle,why would he go there?

Sane could be good for City in 2020 and help us recover so we should be helping him back into the fold.

Agree with some of this. Bayern are in a mess but players look beyond the immediate, Sane will be looking at that move as being possibly one where hs stay the majority of his career, 5 years at least.

Sane is a young player and possibly the future star of their national team. BM will want him and with 12 months of a contract left in the summer they will feel they can do a deal with City. Will BM be in the CL, looks unlikely but another unknown, if they are out then surely for just 1 year. Will he want to leave if the clubs agree the price - debatable - who knows.

I thought he was going to sign, and then changed his mind. First task is getting him back playing football.

I think Sane was definitely gone in the summer - his lay off and Bayern’s self combustion have maybe presented an opportunity. The question has to be - does a Pep want Sane to stay? If he does I’m sure he can convince him to stay- but I’m not sure where Pep is on Sane right now.

I think Sane was definitely gone in the summer - his lay off and Bayern’s self combustion have maybe presented an opportunity. The question has to be - does a Pep want Sane to stay? If he does I’m sure he can convince him to stay- but I’m not sure where Pep is on Sane right now.
Well when we left off he was in the side that beat Liverpool. I think if Sane plays then there is a chance he will stay because Bayern don't look like an attractive proposition to me.

At the worst we should park the potential transfer to the Summer, and if it happens it happens, but in the meantime Leroy can help his team. In doing so he might conclude what a good place he is in.

Well when we left off he was in the side that beat Liverpool. I think if Sane plays then there is a chance he will stay because Bayern don't look like an attractive proposition to me.

At the worst we should park the potential transfer to the Summer, and if it happens it happens, but in the meantime Leroy can help his team. In doing so he might conclude what a good place he is in.

it was hardly a significant endorsement of faith by Pep starting Sane in the CS - we had a lot of squad members late back for pre season. We’ll never know if Sane would have been a regular starter this season but, evidence suggests Pep had a major issue with him last season - rarely starting him, giving him a hard time when he was on the pitch and hooked him regularly on the few occasions he did start him. If Sane felt a bit unloved last season - it’s not hard to see why and if Bayern came knocking at that time you can appreciate why maybe he was all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.