Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was hardly a significant endorsement of faith by Pep starting Sane in the CS - we had a lot of squad members late back for pre season. We’ll never know if Sane would have been a regular starter this season but, evidence suggests Pep had a major issue with him last season - rarely starting him, giving him a hard time when he was on the pitch and hooked him regularly on the few occasions he did start him. If Sane felt a bit unloved last season - it’s not hard to see why and if Bayern came knocking at that time you can appreciate why maybe he was all ears.
Completely disagree, he was picked out of spite.

Agree with some of this. Bayern are in a mess but players look beyond the immediate, Sane will be looking at that move as being possibly one where hs stay the majority of his career, 5 years at least.

Sane is a young player and possibly the future star of their national team. BM will want him and with 12 months of a contract left in the summer they will feel they can do a deal with City. Will BM be in the CL, looks unlikely but another unknown, if they are out then surely for just 1 year. Will he want to leave if the clubs agree the price - debatable - who knows.
I think they probably will qualify for the CL even if they outside it at the moment. I think they are only a point outside it. But it's a doubt when in the SUmmer it was a given

Granted Leroy could become a big star at Bayern, but surely any player should aspire to be the best they can be and if you value the adulation then that will come from being a special footballer.

The other aspect of this is another unknown which is likely to cloud everything going forward...Pep's own future. If you were a young City star, would you sign up for the long term if the main man at City was off in 12 months?

That's a strange opinion. How does that work? You think pep was deliberately hoping the player would get injured and thus put his move at risk?
Because Pep knew the player wanted to leave and before the deadline.

Bayern would not meet our price and Sane would not ask for a transfer.

Because Pep knew the player wanted to leave and before the deadline.
Well yes but how does playing in the CS prevent him from leaving? It did but through injury. He can not possibly have wished to see that as that was a disaster for player and club.

Going to start calling you frank Carson.
That' a cracker, I love Pep but personally think he has been very hard on Sane, but we only get to see from the outside. Both Pep and the German finger sniffer have questioned Sane's attitude, so there may well be good reason why Pep appears to give Sane a hard time.

Well yes but how does playing in the CS prevent him from leaving? It did but through injury. He can not possibly have wished to see that as that was a disaster for player and club.
Because Pep and the club would not back down on there valuation of Sane. Unfortunately that backfired with his injury and will now leave Bayern and himself dictating the terms of the deal.

That' a cracker, I love Pep but personally think he has been very hard on Sane, but we only get to see from the outside. Both Pep and the German finger sniffer have questioned Sane's attitude, so there may well be good reason why Pep appears to give Sane a hard time.
That's a better post than saying peps doing it out of spite. Personally I don't think pep rolls like that but I agree with you that sane maybe has issues with his attitude.

That's a better post than saying peps doing it out of spite. Personally I don't think pep rolls like that but I agree with you that sane maybe has issues with his attitude.
Spite maybe was the wrong word, but I think picking him was not on merit but 2 fingers to the chance of him leaving before the deadline.

May I add, I will be gutted if he leaves.

One of the most exciting talents in football in full flow, and seems a very decent guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.