Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingsley Coman injury and a Bayern Munich statement.

“The diagnosis from club doctor Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt late on Wednesday night revealed a capsule tear in the left knee.

“Coman also pulled his biceps tendon and jarred the knee joint. The knee will be immobilised for a while with a splint.”

Isn't Kingsley Coman a left-sided winger? So why do Bayern want Leroy Sane? I know they can swap wings but aren't they both left-sided?

I watched some of their game last night. A meaningless match against a weakened Spurs side. There were too many meaningless fixtures on match day 6. I understand why they seed games. That way the best teams stay in he competition but perhaps there are too many weak sides.

Coman has torn a capsule in his left knee and some minor stuff. Will be out maybe 4 weeks. Looked worse but luckily is not.
Torn cartilage does not repair. Will require a small op?

Do you think Bayern should buy Sane? Can Coman play on the right given that Sane is very left-sided?

I watched the 1st half of Bayern v Spurs and I watched it wondering why Bayern think that Sane is better than Coman. He possibly is but I don't see a big difference between the two. Whenever I see Bayern I always think that Coman is one of your best players. It's the guys like Boateng and Muller who need to move on.

Might not be a bad idea to cash in on him now. There's a good chance that he won't be the player he was before the injury and might lose some of the explosive pace he had. Without his speed he is 50% of the player

Might not be a bad idea to cash in on him now. There's a good chance that he won't be the player he was before the injury and might lose some of the explosive pace he had. Without his speed he is 50% of the player
I don't think Bayern would be stupid enough to buy him in January for exactly that reason.

It's a little odd that we are hearing a lot of news about Laporte's return but almost nothing at all about Sane and yet I was expecting Leroy to be back before Laporte.

I don't think Bayern would be stupid enough to buy him in January for exactly that reason.

It's a little odd that we are hearing a lot of news about Laporte's return but almost nothing at all about Sane and yet I was expecting Leroy to be back before Laporte.

He was having a good dance at Sterlings party so his rehab must be going ok

Torn cartilage does not repair. Will require a small op?

Do you think Bayern should buy Sane? Can Coman play on the right given that Sane is very left-sided?

I watched the 1st half of Bayern v Spurs and I watched it wondering why Bayern think that Sane is better than Coman. He possibly is but I don't see a big difference between the two. Whenever I see Bayern I always think that Coman is one of your best players. It's the guys like Boateng and Muller who need to move on.

No surgery. Bundesliga average for this injuy is about 16 days, but with his former injuries the doctors will be careful.

Müller has played 1200 minutes this season with 11 assists and 4 goals, has a great workrate and leads the others and organizes our pressing. He is the team worker in this set of individualists. Yes, not every tactics are great for him, but if a coach knows how to use him he makes all better. Ask Robben and Lewy. He is not living of speed etc., never is injured (he does not get worse because of age), runs his ass off and is great off the pitch. We had an 0.5 to 0.8 better goal difference per 90 mins.in the last seasons than without him and Lewy scores a lot less. And he is the guy from upper bavaria a lot of our fans can really identify with.

But yes, when you just look for individual skills others might be better...

1vs1 and with his speed Coman is better than Sane. And his workrate is better and probably his mentality. But he often lacks the end product - the spell with Heynckes was too short who really worked with him on that - and he is injury prone. He and Gnabry can work on both sides - both have a strong right foot.

Bayern had the injury problems already with Ribery and Robben. We seldom had both available in top form when it really counted. 2 top wingers ain't enough.

Last edited:
Hope Sane is back soon. He's a "diamond in the rough" - under Pep - could easily develop into one of the top 5 players in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.