Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surgery. Bundesliga average for this injuy is about 16 days, but with his former injuries the doctors will be careful.

Müller has played 1200 minutes this season with 11 assists and 4 goals, has a great workrate and leads the others and organizes our pressing. He is the team worker in this set of individualists. Yes, not every tactics are great for him, but if a coach knows how to use him he makes all better. Ask Robben and Lewy. He is not living of speed etc., never is injured (he does not get worse because of age), runs his ass off and is great off the pitch. We had an 0.5 to 0.8 better goal difference per 90 mins.in the last seasons than without him and Lewy scores a lot less. And he is the guy from upper bavaria a lot of our fans can really identify with.

But yes, when you just look for individual skills others might be better...

1vs1 and with his speed Coman is better than Sane. And his workrate is better and probably his mentality. But he often lacks the end product - the spell with Heynckes was too short who really worked with him on that - and he is injury prone. He and Gnabry can work on both sides - both have a strong right foot.

Bayern had the injury problems already with Ribery and Robben. We seldom had both available in top form when it really counted. 2 top wingers ain't enough.
Thanks for the excellent reply. My impression is that Bayern wont benefit a great deal if they sign Coman as it does not give Bayern much more than they already have. I appreciate is is better to have two players of this type but if I had one already and were 7th in the league, I'd be looking at other positions.

I would sell him ,if we get 100 mil or more and can get another great player for that money.
Yep, sign up or thanks for the memories situation here. I think we will do extremely well to get that amount for him though.

Thanks for the excellent reply. My impression is that Bayern wont benefit a great deal if they sign Coman as it does not give Bayern much more than they already have. I appreciate is is better to have two players of this type but if I had one already and were 7th in the league, I'd be looking at other positions.

Our next opponent in the Bundesliga called it a "Treppenwitz" (translator says that you might have the same expression in English with staircase wit) that Bayern has lost the last 2 matches. We were dominating most of the matches in a similar style we did during the time with Pep - just did not convert, hit the goal posts 4 or 5 times and had some minutes in it when it looked different. (but it takes some work to undo 3 years with coaches that do not match)
The next matches will be against easier opponents (especially ones in which Lewandowski has scored in bundles the recent season what he did not against Gladbach or Leverkusen - if you ever want to bet about Lewandowskis goals there is some patterns in his scoring)

Our main problems are system and not player related. It is more about "how to individually and collectively behave in some situations" and to have a working plan B or to react on tactical changes (but we have a winter break to work on that). Yes, Martinez or Boateng are not the fastest or never were - but we have two fast players injured and with Alaba, who actually makes a great central defender, there is a fast centre back. The two goals against Gladbach were after a set-piece and an avoidable penalty, especially as we have Neuer in goal.

The two points behind 3rd and 6 or 7 behind Leipzig and Schalke will not be a problem if we play a "normal" (for Bayern) second part of the season and the others keep their performance.

But yes, there is always something to improve. When we play Kimmich in midfield we need another right fullback. A number 6 with more defensive ability and enough distribution qualities would be great, too. A third top winger. A top striker that because of his age will be fine with being a substitute to Lewandowski...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.