Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think so. But let's say we weren't. Squad uncertainty is not good. We need to plan ahead and plan well, that's always been our way, we cannot have a situation where another season drags on for Sané and he's barely interested then leaves for peanuts when we could've really cashed in for him, now at least he commits we know we're good for another 3-4 years. Much different scenario then.

There was no way we were going to almost double our record fee on an unproven kid, we don't operate like that.

I take your point re uncertainty but there's no need to panic just yet, we'll likely sit back down for talks with Sane, if we can't agree a deal then put plans in place to replace him next summer, and he won't be sold for peanuts either, less than what it would be this summer no doubt but we'll still pull in a decent fee next summer.

This all appears to me as though Bayern are losing the battle. If Leroy was certain of wanting and pushing for a move then I don’t think you would hear a peep from them. There would be no need.
If any manager can help him reach the top, it’s Pep. I think deep down he knows this.
I don’t think he will sign or leave. Both parties will probably look at it again in Jan.

Agreed, the longer this goes on the more confident I am that he will stay. Bayern seem increasingly desperate. I think he'll sign a contract extension, along with Gundogan, this summer.

It is beginning to become tedious, saying that, I guess that's the intention. I'm only following it on here, however, I wonder whether the Bayern / Sané chatter is merely responses to questions posed by 'journos', who then do what they do -- NO MARKS!

Agreed, the longer this goes on the more confident I am that he will stay. Bayern seem increasingly desperate. I think he'll sign a contract extension, along with Gundogan, this summer.

If Sané told Pep he wanted to leave, even off the record, then Pep would get him out.

It very much appears he is just leaving his reps to negotiate with City & then he'll see what the outcome is.

They seem awfully desperate to persuade him. What’s next Rummenigge camping outside Sané’s house and playing Peter Gabriel on a ghetto blaster?

Yes, so am I. But the market is unfortunately quick n unforgiving these days. You need players to commit or move so they're not devalued or else later. I love Sané, but his whole saga has gotten boring. I want him to stay.
No that’s not it, the club aren’t panicking, the club will be being calm and rational, trying to resolve this like adults and sensible business people, rather than like daft flappers and kids

No that’s not it, the club aren’t panicking, the club will be being calm and rational, trying to resolve this like adults and sensible business people, rather than like daft flappers and kids

What will panicking do anyway? lol
City are helpless in his case as it stands rn. That's the reality of it. Which is why Sané has taken this much time thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.