Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, that wouldn’t even be close to top 7 standard.

The gap between Sané and Zinchenko from a forward thinking perspective is gigantic.

Angelino still needs to prove himself as well.

Is it? There is a gap, yes, not debating that. But is it really gigantic? not for me i don't think. Slightly different players to be fair as zinch isnt a true winger as well.

I hope we don't budge on our valuation, as I can't see Bayern stretching to £135m. I'd be happy to see him stay here for another season, even if meant having to accept a much lower fee next summer. At least it would give us time to get a replacement lined up, and we'd get another year's service out of him. There would also be an outside chance that he could still end up renewing with us. Losing both Kompany and Sane would significantly weaken us imo, even with the additions of Rodri and Cancelo. Liverpool will be on our tails again, and it seems mad to give them any encouragement.

This.

Factor in the amortisation of another year and any lower fee next summer if he still wants to go will be mitigated anyway.

If Bayern want to pay up now then so be it but i dont think they either want to or can actually afford it.

If Sane wasn't super quick he'd be average. Saying that however his speed is a devastating game changer and would take some replacing. I hate saying this but if we knew this was in the offing earlier we should have took a gamble on the lad James from Swansea who is also a sprinter pretending to be a footballer. It's not as if we didn't know he existed as he tore us to pieces during that cup tie.

Personally I'd not let him leave. Forget missing out on any prospective fee, just accept that we signed him for £37m and we get 5 years usage. In relative terms that's a cost of £7.4m a year and modest wages on top. In short even if he sees out his contract and leaves for nothing it will have been amongst the best £50-60 million we've ever spent.
I couldn’t agree less.

There are things Leroy has done with the ball, through his own skill and ability that nobody else in this squad can do.

There’s no doubt he needs to improve on a few things. But Sterling, who some of our fans now tout as World Class, who is a year older, can’t control a ball with a first touch when he’s running and he scuffs almost every shot because he panics. Back when he was 23 Kun was ice cold in the box, I’ve never seen the lad panic once.

I couldn’t agree less.

There are things Leroy has done with the ball, through his own skill and ability that nobody else in this squad can do.

There’s no doubt he needs to improve on a few things. But Sterling, who some of our fans now tout as World Class, who is a year older, can’t control a ball with a first touch when he’s running and he scuffs almost every shot because he panics. Back when he was 23 Kun was ice cold in the box, I’ve never seen the lad panic once.

Agree, where Sterling compensates for his flaws though is with consistent effort.

If Sane can find that consistency he could be up there as one of the world's best, if.

I'd say it's his no1 asset and if he didn't have it he wouldn't even be at Zaha's technical level. He consistently get caught offside, which is effectively losing possession, whilst his finishing is not Mbape standard.

As I've said, he's rocket quick but without it the rest of his game is so so! In fact, have you ever seen him even head a ball?

I'm pretty sure I have seen him head a ball but that is not his primary function: he's a winger and his job is to run with the ball at pace and dribble past players then shoot or cross and he's an exceptional talent in that regard. He can slalom like few players I've seen in a City shirt - same sort of level as the likes of Aguero and Kinkladze in that regard but with more pace.

Is it? There is a gap, yes, not debating that. But is it really gigantic? not for me i don't think. Slightly different players to be fair as zinch isnt a true winger as well.

The gap is ridiculous, gigantic, massive and then some. You're talking about potentially the best left winger in Europe. A player so good that double figures in league goals and assists without starting all the games isn't seen as enough by his manager because he's got that much ability.

Agree, where Sterling compensates for his flaws though is with consistent effort.

If Sane can find that consistency he could be up there as one of the world's best, if.

It's not about "consistency" with Sane. His game needs space so he can get behind, which is why he causes so many problems for the likes of Liverpool. His game is less effective against the "park the bus" teams because he doesn't open defences in an instant with a little ball or overlap. That's where Sterling on the left/Bernado on the right is a better option. Against attacking teams Sterling is better on the right overlapping and running into space. Against the defensive teams his ability to wriggle out of trouble or cut inside and have a shot gives him the edge over Sane.

It's not about "consistency" with Sane. His game needs space so he can get behind, which is why he causes so many problems for the likes of Liverpool. His game is less effective against the "park the bus" teams because he doesn't open defences in an instant with a little ball or overlap. That's where Sterling on the left/Bernado on the right is a better option. Against attacking teams Sterling is better on the right overlapping and running into space. Against the defensive teams his ability to wriggle out of trouble or cut inside and have a shot gives him the edge over Sane.
That’s true and I also think Sané has that space a bit more even against park-the-bus teams because de Bruyne can spot that special pass.

Leroy and de Bruyne really compliment each others’ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.