Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap is ridiculous, gigantic, massive and then some. You're talking about potentially the best left winger in Europe. A player so good that double figures in league goals and assists without starting all the games isn't seen as enough by his manager because he's got that much ability.

I am not in the slightest devaluing sane, i think my posts here have been consistent enough to show i think him a genuine top player. I just think zinchenko's footballing intelligence and ability is undervalued. but as i say, different players. Zinch has the vision, and the passing ability, what he doesnt have that Sane does (in fairness no other player in our team does) is his pace and finishing.

Fair enough, no point arguing over adjectives, we both agree on a gap in quality, just not so much on the scale.

It's not about "consistency" with Sane. His game needs space so he can get behind, which is why he causes so many problems for the likes of Liverpool. His game is less effective against the "park the bus" teams because he doesn't open defences in an instant with a little ball or overlap. That's where Sterling on the left/Bernado on the right is a better option. Against attacking teams Sterling is better on the right overlapping and running into space. Against the defensive teams his ability to wriggle out of trouble or cut inside and have a shot gives him the edge over Sane.

Imo, that's an example of where Sane is not necessarily taking the best option if he stays at City long term.

He has an unstoppable shot, similar to Ronaldo & in a different team, would be pretty much ordered to use it as much as possible, told he doesn't shoot enough.

At City, he almost sheepishly shuffles away if he hits a shot & gets it wrong & is then unlikely to try it again.

Imo, it's one of the few weaknesses in our game plan.

I hope we don't budge on our valuation, as I can't see Bayern stretching to £135m. I'd be happy to see him stay here for another season, even if meant having to accept a much lower fee next summer. At least it would give us time to get a replacement lined up, and we'd get another year's service out of him. There would also be an outside chance that he could still end up renewing with us. Losing both Kompany and Sane would significantly weaken us imo, even with the additions of Rodri and Cancelo. Liverpool will be on our tails again, and it seems mad to give them any encouragement.

If Sane says he wants to go, then really what is the point of keeping him for 1-2 seasons, when his value is largely about his potential rather than his current ability? At the moment his value to City is as an impact sub. Perhaps he has grown impatient with that role, but he can change that.

I find it difficult to believe that he would go to Bayern Munich. It would be a backward move for him football wise. Suddenly he would be the star player in a very ordinary side in a very ordinary league. That's not good for his development. It seems Sane's agent wants him to go to Bayern, but Sane himself is happy for the time being at City.

That’s true and I also think Sané has that space a bit more even against park-the-bus teams because de Bruyne can spot that special pass.

Leroy and de Bruyne really compliment each others’ games.

spot on, that's what balances a team, varied styles of play. Sane needs that player like KDB or silvas to thread that "run on to ball"

Odd times we have had a fast wing back and sane, doesn't balance they run in each others space leaving gaps.

Mind you what player couldn't thrive when KDB cuts a defence wide open with those pin point passes

Imo, that's an example of where Sane is not necessarily taking the best option if he stays at City long term.

He has an unstoppable shot, similar to Ronaldo & in a different team, would be pretty much ordered to use it as much as possible, told he doesn't shoot enough.

At City, he almost sheepishly shuffles away if he hits a shot & gets it wrong & is then unlikely to try it again.

Imo, it's one of the few weaknesses in our game plan.

I'd assume he'd have the same issue at Bayern who must play against defensive teams as often as we do, if not more so, as they dominate their league so much.

If Sane says he wants to go, then really what is the point of keeping him for 1-2 seasons, when his value is largely about his potential rather than his current ability? At the moment his value to City is as an impact sub. Perhaps he has grown impatient with that role, but he can change that.

I find it difficult to believe that he would go to Bayern Munich. It would be a backward move for him football wise. Suddenly he would be the star player in a very ordinary side in a very ordinary league. That's not good for his development. It seems Sane's agent wants him to go to Bayern, but Sane himself is happy for the time being at City.

The point of keeping him, would be if nobody offered an acceptable fee. To prove the point. You can't poach players from City, so don't bother trying.

If we become a club who shows we will cash in, if pressed, we will lose most of our best young players in the future, apart from those who are City fans.

If we only deal at the very top end, then clubs know there is no point trying to unsettle our players as we will not sell anyone we want to keep, below our valuation, ever.

That’s true and I also think Sané has that space a bit more even against park-the-bus teams because de Bruyne can spot that special pass.

Leroy and de Bruyne really compliment each others’ games.

I know what you mean: KDB can turn defence into attack in one pass, and Rodri looks like he can find KDB with ease.

If this happens we're weaker than last year and we know how close it was last season.

There's clearly some background issues we don't know about with Sane you don't get that with Sterling and he has a better work ethic which puts him ahead of Sane for me. I'll be gutted if he goes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.