Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we had no interest.
I didn't say we had any interest, can you not read? I stated an opinion that hypothetically if we could get what we wanted for sane who it seems is out of Pep's good books AND get coutinho on a cut price it wouldn't have been the worst outcome in the world. What's the big deal (if you pardon the pun). If sane wants to stay and sign a new contract I'll be f**king delighted!

So this thing has jumped a few pages.

Can someone give me the lowdown or have I just missed a load of bollocks?

Some reports (possibly originating in Germany) claiming Leroys injury is worse than originally feared. Some reports saying he may be out for the season.. some saying 4-6 weeks. No one knows but there is some indication that he is being assessed and more info may be forthcoming tomorrow on if an op is required. Also some reports that if an op is required BM will abandon their interest.

If it is an ACL he is out for the season (even if he might be able to play again at the end of the season he will not get really back in full shape until 2020/21 and might have muscular issues for some time, too)
And the transfer value of a player that has been benched a lot last season and has been out with an ACL this season will not be that big in July 2020 with just a year rest contract.
You can have him for nothing then, just to save time and effort..
Fucking Bayern fans, off their heads.

I know there'll be people cracking up about this but if we could have got 100/120m for sane and took coutinho for 70/80m as reported what Barca want that would have been great business imo. Unbelievable player that sane is, he isn't in peps good books and isnt versatile. Coutinho proven in PL and massively versatile, particularly with Merlin leaving at the end of this season.
Catching up on this thread and the replies are getting worse with each post I read.

At what point do we decide the cut off point? he wont sign a new deal? looks like he wants away? when does the day “ fuck you sane nobody is bigger than our club” arrive? not for a few years yet i hope, but he wasn’t nowhere near his best last season, maybe due to the unrest with his contract? but he aint irreplacable & the grass most def isn’t always greener? leroy over to you i guess??

I didn't say we had any interest, can you not read? I stated an opinion that hypothetically if we could get what we wanted for sane who it seems is out of Pep's good books AND get coutinho on a cut price it wouldn't have been the worst outcome in the world. What's the big deal (if you pardon the pun). If sane wants to stay and sign a new contract I'll be f**king delighted!

Coutinho is worth about £40m.

Cut price would be around £10m.

He's not good enough for any of the top 4.

There's no surprise we aren't in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.